Chapter 5: Radha

I messed up big time. Stupid, stupid, stupid me!

I should have taken the lift. In my anger, I decided to run up the stairs. Soooo smart Radha.

Now I heard the footsteps and deep voices, and I realized my fatal mistake. Seniors were coming down for breakfast. And not just any seniors. It was Ron and his gang. Dammit. Before I could decide whether to run back down the stairs or get on the elevator, I came into view with Ron and his gang. Shoot.

"Hey cutie, where are you heading to?" Ron asked when I turned away from them. God why?. I turned back slowly and grimaced.

"To my room," I said quickly, turning around again.

This time, a hand on my wrist stopped me from walking further. It was Ron. "Why don't you come to my room?" he smirked.

"I'm good, thanks," I said, trying to pull my hand back as his friends laughed. He just tightened his grip on my wrist.

"Not so fast, cutie. I don't even know your name."

"Sara," I lied.

"Really? Last time I heard, your name was Radha..."

Dammit. He knows who I am. "You heard wrong."

"I don't think so, Radha," Ron said, reaching out and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I immediately leaned away.

"Can I go now?" I grunted, trying to pull myself free.

"Aww, why? We only got started!" Ron pouted, while his friends giggled.

"We'll leave you to it, man," they smirked before walking away and leaving me and Ron on the stairs.

"Let... me...., GO!" I raised my voice as he grabbed both of my wrists.

"Not yet," Ron said, leaning closer as his voice dropped an octave. I was not liking the look he was giving me.

Without thinking, I kicked his shin. He yelped and pulled back, but never let go of my wrists.

"What the hell Radha! Just shut up and come with me, or you'll regret it!" Ron warned, tightening his grip and leaning in, breathing on my face. I squeezed my eyes shut and I felt a tear slip out.

No. I was not going to listen to him. I'm getting out of here. I opened my eyes and tried to kick him again, but he pushed me back, and my back crashed into the wall. He raised his fist and leaped forward to punch me in the face when a hand caught this fist inches away from my face.

For a second, I thought the hand was my own and that I actually defended myself, but then, someone else came into view. It was............................................................. JAY?

What the hell was he doing here?

"Get out of here Junior, and maybe I'll let you be," Ron gritted through his teeth, pulling his fist free from Jay's grasp.

Jay didn't respond. He just leaped in and the next second his fist came in contact with Ron's face. I winced as Ron tumbled, his back crashing against the opposite wall just how mine did moments ago. Jay towered over Ron's body now slumped on the floor, Ron's nose swelling and bleeding.

"Don't. Touch. My. Radha," Jay snarled, his voice so low that I flinched at the sound.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt more tears drip down my face. I was terrified and in shock of what just happened. I never want anything like that to happen again.

Jay turned around and kneeled down and tried to talk to me. Only now did I realize that I slumped on the floor myself. But that wasn't what concerned me. The look on Jay's face did. A second ago he looked so angry and violent and.... scary. But as soon as he turned around to face me, his face morphed into concern, and dare I say, almost gentleness, as he approached me.