x. JUST KEEP SWIMMING !

"ARE YOU NOT GOING to get in?" Jude questions the girl next to him as she sets her book down. She glances over at the crashing waves before turning back to him.

"Nope!"

"Come on, Ji! It's so fun!" He whines as he tugs on her arm.

Jia smile as she feels herself being pulled to his direction. She looks at the blue ocean with a hint of fear evident on her face. "This is so embarrassing but I don't know how to swim." She whispers, hoping he didn't hear her.

Unfortunately for her, he did hear her. "Ji, you can't swim?"

"Oh, would you look at the time! It looks like an amazing time to nap." She tries to distract him as she lays back down against her beach chair, covering her eyes with her sunglasses.

"Ji! Let me teach you." Jude suggests, causing the girl to sit back up and give him a look. Before she could say anything in protest he continues. "It's Hawaii! We should have fun and swim in the water. If you don't like it, we can leave and head to dinner early? I'm an amazing teacher, promise."

He holds his pinky out and glances at her. Jia puffs up her cheeks, deep in thought as she looks at his finger. "Fine." She mumbles, interlocking their pinkies as he lets out a cheer in satisfaction.

"Come on, what are you waiting for." He quickly gets up. He holds his hand out for her and instead of her hand, she placed a bottle of sunscreen in his palms.

"You haven't reapplied and you're going to get sunburnt."

"You're always thinking of me, aren't you?"

Jia playfully rolls her eyes as she takes off her sundress, revealing a pink ruffled bathing suit. It was a two piece but the bottoms were a short skirt. She didn't notice Jude's stares as she reapplied sunscreen on her rosy cheeks.

"Pink is your color, Ji." Jude whispers to her. She suddenly started to feel nervous from the sudden compliment. She playfully shoves him in hopes he wouldn't see her blushing cheeks. This time, he had noticed them and he started to feel hopeful. "What! I'm being serious!"

"Come on, Ju. Gotta teach me how to swim, right?"

His face lit up as he takes her hand, running towards the waves. She lets out a small yelp as the cold water splashes her feet. They started to get deeper into the water until it went up to her waist. She suddenly froze in fear. Her grip on his had became tighter.

Jude noticed her harsh grip and looks down at her. "I got you, Ji. Don't worry. I got you." His words brought comfort to the frightened girl. She slowly nods as she gave his hand a slight squeeze. "We can practice just floating first, alright?"

Jia pushes away her fear as she follows his instructions. Thankfully, she was an excellent listener and was able to at least float in the water. He held onto her gently as he shows her how to move her arms and legs.

"I'm going to let go of you now. I'm right here." Jude reassuringly tells her as he moves his hands away from her waist. Soon enough, Jia was able to swim in the shallow on her own.

She lets out an excited gasp, immediately standing up to grab his arms. "I did it! Jude! I swam for like 5 seconds! Oh my gosh!" She squeals, jumping from excitement. Jude laughs, holding onto her shoulders to help her balance after jumping from excitement.

"Look at you. You're on your way to being a professional." He jokes, receiving a playful shove from her.

"Hey! I just had the best teacher." She smiles at him. She stands on her tiptoes to place a thankful kiss on his cheek.

Before Jude could say anything, he noticed a small crowd on the beach. He lets out a sigh. They were caught and he knew they wouldn't be left alone anymore. Jia notices the crowd as well and crosses her arms over her chest, staying by his side.

He leans down to whisper in her ear, "We should go back. Get ready for dinner." She nods in agreement as he kisses the top of her head. He knew deep down that he was doing it because he liked her too much. However, to her, it seemed like he was just doing it for publicity.

The two quickly got out of the water and rushed to collect their stuff, ignoring the cameras and whispers of the people around them. "Wait, I have an idea that will make them go crazy." He whispers to her. She looks at him confused and a bit concerned "Get on my back." He adds, bending down lower so she could get on.

"You're crazy." Jia says in between laughs before getting on his back. She wraps her arms around his shoulders and he held onto her legs. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw people recording already.

"Crazy and in love!" Jude exclaims loudly. She laughs, her face turning red from embarrassment and nervousness as she hides her face in the crook of his neck.

"Now you're getting shy, Ji?"

"No..."

"You so are."

"Okay, maybe. Just maybe!"

note;
good things coming soon
i promise😔🤞

also not proof read lols