Chapter 19

1-May-2012:

"Today is Mia's birthday. Sam and I have planned a surprise party for her with lots of people, music, balloons and a cake. It'll be funnnn. Our plan: we'll go out for dinner as she had planned, but after it the party starts. I'll leave Mike in charge of Mia's house while we are at our dinner, since I still have my copy of the key. He'll receive the guests and will pay loads of attention to our sign call. Sam, Sid and I are going to tell her that we'll all go back to her apartment to keep celebrating, at least with a small reunion. When we get there, SURPRISE, there's a party! In other news, my mom and dad won't talk to me again. They're hoping with all their heart I will abort this baby, what they do not know is there's no way I'm doing that. I have an appointment with Dr. Wilber Appel the 13th of this month to know the baby's sex. I'll see what I do afterwards, but I'm not aborting. They are not taking this baby away from me ever. Sam, Mike, Mia and I will create a plan and we'll see what we can do to arrange this thing because they're against this abortion as well. Last time I saw Mike was the day my mom took me to see Dr. Bob Radd, about my abortion and stuff. He got mad and depressed, he thought he was going to lose his son/daughter. He wanted to practically kill my mom, but he knew he couldn't. Even if she's mean, she's still my mom, and soon a grandmother. That day was too crazy, Sam was fuming, Mia was so worried she was passing out and well Mike was devastated. It was all too hard to watch, and I was mad and sad too. I don't know what I'm going to do, but this will end right. It has to." I wrote on my diary. 

I took a glance at myself in the mirror. My hair was still wet from the shower and my blue towel was soaked. I took my towel off and started to change into a comfortable onesie. I had to be comfortable all day long, because at night I had to look stunning. I threw myself onto my bed sheets again and closed my eyes. My mind started wandering about how my baby will be like. How he/she will feel like. How happy all he/she does is going to make me. Somehow, Sam managed to be part of all this imaginary pictures. I wanted to stay like that for ages.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate inside my onesie's pocket. I took it out and saw the caller ID. Mia.

-Happy birthday girllll! -I yelled into the phone.

-It's the third time you tell me that! Thanks for telling me I'm old Kate.. Hahaha, anyways, can we go dress shopping today? -She asked.

-Of course! I'd love to. -I answered.

-Well, I'll pick you up at 4pm. I'll call you when I get there, DON'T LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHIND! I know you love to disconnect yourself from the rest of the world but today's not the day to do it. -She demanded. Truth is it was a good thing she told me that. I never used my phone. Somehow, I always replaced it with a pen and a notebook or a book.

-K, k. I promise I'll answer all calls and texts from you. Just don't shout at me. -I said in reply.

-I can do whatever I want, it's my birthday. -She said sounding amused in a funny way.

-Holy poop. We're not done yet, Pavertti. -I said in a sarcastic-angry tone of voice.

-I love you Taddley! -She said while laughing.

-I love you too, loca. -I said trying to do my best spanish accent but failing miserably. We both hung up at the same time and I closed my eyes immediately. I started to imagine all the nice, lovely and sweet moments my family would have in a couple of months from that day. After a while, I started to fall into a sound sleep.

***

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand and woke up immediately. I knew it had to be Mia but I had fallen asleep the whole day.. I wasn't ready. In my screen appeared a text message.