Chapter 16

25-Mar-2012:

"It's been three days since I last talked to my mom. She's insane if she actually believes I'm having an abortion. I've cried so hard these past days I can't really concentrate on anything else. I'm hardly eating and barely talking on classes. Mia's afraid that I'm cutting off meals, since my life's not the only one now that's completely in my hands. I've been sleeping in her house for the past days, but I spend the afternoon's in my flat, because my parents never are there. I can't face my mom nor my dad. Sam's supporting me in my every move, he is so nice and gentle I can't even believe it. I've never had a guy treating me like this before, since Mike was my only 'boyfriend' and he didn't sweet-talk to me or grab my hand. Sam's acting weird, but in a cute way. He's acting more of boyfriend-ish than friend-ish. Mia always laughs at us and asks us constantly about when are we going to get in a relationship and when are we finally going to kiss. Sam and I usually laugh it off, but both of us always blush and get a bit awkward when she asks us. It amuses her to see us acting that way, and I must admit I like seeing Sam blush because of me. I have to cut my feelings off, I'm going to be a single parent. I know he wouldn't want to be the baby's dad, and I can't ask him to do it. I'm just hoping things will get straight and right before the baby is born. I'm scared, but love fills my lungs every time I respire because I know this baby I carry is a blessing." I wrote on my diary. Closing it, I saw Mia coming out of her bathroom with a towel around her body and another on her hair.

-I'm done showering, you can use it now. -She said nicely, smiling at me with a genuine grin.

-Yep, going. -I said getting up from bed- I'm sorry for making it so uncomfortable to you. I promise it won't last longer than two more days.

-You're such an idiot. You can stay here as long as you want, after all that's why I live alone, to do what I want. Plus, you're here with reasons, and I invited you here. -She answered me, rolling her eyes but always smiling.

-I'm still not staying long. Can I ask you something, Mia? -I said shyly.

-Yeah, sure. What's up? -She asked, noticing I was blushing slightly.

-Why do you live alone? I mean, it's a pretty massive flat and you do not work. Where are your parents now? I've never met them. -I spilled out the words without being unable to stop them.

-I kinda felt like you would ask now hah.-She said smiling sincerely. She sat at the end of her bed while I was standing up beside the bathroom door waiting for an answer.-Well, it's a long story. See, my parents and I had loads of trouble while I was depressed. They would want me to "move on" and "forget everything", but it wasn't that easy for me. My family's very rich and wealthy, that's why I have a great car and a massive flat. I do not like to show them off though, cause I know many people would like to live this way and I don't like to make people feel bad, when they're better than I am. My family is so poor, all they have is money and material things, but nothing in their hearts. They left to Florence again last year's summer, and they left me here to "get things straight" with my life. You're the only person who know, not even Sam knows. -She said moving her hands nervously but still grinning at me nicely.

-What did they want you to forget? -I asked, approaching her and sitting beside her.

-Well, things got pretty messed up about two years ago. I was abused by my father's best friend and best man in his wedding. After that, I became an ass. I just would get drunk all the time and have sex with randoms guys. I was really hurting, and then it all came down to depression. I found good people who helped me out, but my parents bailed on me. They couldn't bare seen me the way I was, and see the way I was acting.

I jumped and hugged her tightly. I had been so mean to her in the past and I didn't even know what was going on her life. Guilt filled my entire body as she hugged me back.