chapter 14 (part 2)

The first thing I noticed about her was her hair. It was chestnut and cascaded down her tan shoulders. Her grassy green eyes were sharp as she eyed the crowd. Her lashes were thick and long and coated with mascara and kohl outlined her eyes giving her a soft smoky eye look. Her lips looked full and behind him was probably a set of pearly white teeth. When our gazes collided she sent me a small nod. Her posture showed that she was confident and strong as if she was ready to take down any opponent in a fight.

"Hello, I'm one of the descendants of Yvonne and Samuel. Today I am here to let you all know what is expected of you as Elites. The first thing you must do is carry on your genetics which is why Elites can only mate with another. Furthermore it is your job to make sure that all shifters remain safe and our locations need to stay hidden from those that want to expose us."

I couldn't peel my eyes away from her. She was related to me and honestly I assumed she was a dead person seeing as she was my guardian. Guess I was so wrong.

"As you may know you will have to experience some competitions to determine who is the strongest and most compatible to be your mate. That will happen over the course of the next few days. Tonight we urge you to take time to simply meet another."

"Tonight your expected to fend for your own means. In the women's and males quarters you'll find the kitchen to be fully stocked with everything you'll need. There is also the option to hunt in the woods but be careful so you do don't raise any suspicions from the locals."

"Your guardians will alert you when the next time you'll need to meet here. There is a city not to far from here that has other accommodations such as food, shopping, and places to pass the time."

I felt like she was speaking to me especially. "There are a few rules here. Each gender shall not enter another's sleeping quarters and no intercourse will happen until mates have accepted another at the end. Failure to do so will have severe consequences."

Message received.

She dismissed everyone and I headed towards the stage. She must've known I would go to her because she was waiting for me.

"I bet you have some questions."

"Yeah."

"Let's take a walk." I followed her into the woods and played with the hem of my top wondering how this was possible.

"Aren't guardians supposed to be dead?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Normally yes."

"Why are you my guardians and alive?"

"I volunteered to be a guardian. We are family after all and family helps another."

"But someone's who's dead could've helped me right? They could've been my guardian?"

"Yes, guardians are usually deceased and few that are alive want to be someone's guardians because he sacrifice a lot to help."

"Well, I'm guessing your done helping me then if your um human?"

"I don't think you need me. To be honest I've seen a lot of myself in you and I turned out fine," she laughed.

"So when you weren't in my head then what are you doing?"

"With my mate and my son."

"You have a mate? And a son?"

"Yes, I do. I had to go through this five years ago myself so I know what you must feel inside.  Especially since your already in love with someone."

"I'm not in love with him..."

"I think you are and that's okay that you found someone but there's a lot of other guys here who would make great matches for you. I think you owe it to yourself to see who else is out there."