Chapter Six

But far far away a queen plotted

"Queen Victoria a letter from the underworld has come for you." Ziaden said, as she ran into the room she was one of the few Naiad Victoria had lift other than half the males of her kind.

Walking away from one of her children of the high blue sea council Victoria took the letter from Ziaden and sent her on her way. "I will have to speak to you later Kirsten of the blue council, if you will excuse my rudeness by asking you to show yourself out." Victoria said to one of her most trustworthy council members.

With a low bow Kirsten walked off, her green hair waving in the ocean air.

Victoria had already prepared them for the possibility of her capture. That if it were to happen, that they were not to look for her, but help get their people back. The people she had let down and abandoned, but no more—she would get them back, she knew who this letter was from and what they wanted out of her.

After reading the letter Victoria stood there for a minute. Although she had been right about what the letter was about, seeing that she would have to trade herself for the life of her people was still hard. But she had been wrong on one major detail . . . Of whom sent the letter. It hadn't been the full headed prices of the underworld, but its king, a king that was so dark that the letter itself reeked of his evil.

Victoria knew what she had to do, even if it meant her own life, she only wished she had a guaranty of her getting them all back. "For my people." she whispered to herself, knowing there would be no other way to free them from their bondage.

"You can't do this, I won't let you Victoria." A deep sedative voice said, Victoria barley stopping a shiver of delight at his words. Yet she could feel the dread that followed after the thought of losing him, once again. "I haven't the strength to let you go through with it."

Victoria said nothing, not even able to face him at this moment, Gods of the light, knew she was completely and utterly in love with him. As if he could read her mind he spoke again.

"Look at me Victoria looks at me and tell me you are leaving me, that you don't love me." Riyadh said his voice full of anger and pain, something she knew and felt all to well, with this man.

Slowly turning to him, Victoria put on the face of a queen, not letting any emotion show on her face, knowing if she did he would attack it like a hunger wolf. Making her want to stay and forget everyone else, something she couldn't do, she wouldn't do. Not even if her people asked her to, which they have.

She had to resist his soft angled face, his deep green eyes and even his golden lined white hair. That touched muscles that seem to be made out of a body of hard stone. With a beautiful sun kissed skin it was hard to resist him. But she had to, it's not like he had any trouble resisting her clear water hair or her coco chocolate skin that some say resemble the ocean floor. Not to mention her freaky reflecting eyes, eyes that changed colors with her emotions.

He was the general of her army, a man who had left her to battle so many times and left her heart heavy with worry, was now the one who would be worrying. How ironic was that.      

"It will change nothing Riyadh, I still have a kingdom to look after and I intend to do so." She raised her nose a little too high then, giving away some self-doubts.

"Your kingdom needs you here my love, not giving yourself to our enemy." He moved closer, until they were chest to chest his breath running easily down her face. She had longed for this man's touch longed for him so many times, but now she had to fight it . . . Fight him.

Turning her face away from his male beauty, Victoria replied, "I cannot leave them where they are, without trying to get them out."

"That's not what I'm saying and you know it Victoria." Drawing her face back to his, showing emotions so deep and pure that it erupted inside her, bringing pain and pleasure at its touch. A touch that she longed for, but knew she couldn't have.