Chapter Two

Melody stood on top of her dragon Lysander, not saying a word as they flow over the Gray-woods These were the safest woods in the underworld. To kill in these woods were to commit suicide. The trees themselves demanded respect. Melody and Lysander knew it was a deadly game they were about to play. But they had to play it; nonetheless it was their only opening.

Landing in a nearby tree, Lysander's big body changed colors to blend into its surroundings. The rest of Melody's warriors' waited in the deposed part of the forest edge. Looking out over the endless gray-woods, Melody could see the forested truly had no end.

The only way in or out was though a portal.

Unless you had a portal maker or even someone, who could sense them, your chances of finding an open portal was slim to none. Lucky Melody had both in her little army and like everyone who heard her voice they had to obey her every word. Only another siren could reassess her song.

Off to the side of them a deep honey filled voice screamed out to them rage and anger filling the night. Making even them, feared hunters, feel its strength and power.

Found him.

With all of his speed and power, her warrior dragon flows through the air, making sonic booms with every flap of his wings.

Hunting time was now and it gave a feeling of joy that only a predator could feel. Owe did she feel like the deadly predator, she and her army knew she was. There was no one who ever stood in her way, and no one ever would.

She had taken down gods, killed kings, and conquered great impairs. There was nothing in this world that had gotten in her way, when it came to what she wanted. And it had all been done for one reason and one reason only, to take back her mother's kingdom and her throne.

Landing only a hundred feet off to the side of their soon to be slave, Lysander once again camouflaged his self.

The voice of her prey shot out again, showing he didn't give a damn who heard him. A very foolish mistake, made by a spoiled little prince, and Melody was happy to teach him, the errors of his ways.

Taking in a breath, Melody started to sing the song of the dark sirens. A song that had doomed a thousand. The words that came out made only for the victim they seek.

Come to me sweet prince;

Give to me your lips,

Come, come to me:

No one else you should bring

. . . Sweet Prince. . .

"Father I can't kill-." The rest of his world cut off, as the words started to move through his body. Her voice made him tense with the power of her enchantment, as it slowly began to take over his body. He like so many others before him was under her control. Like puppets they would do as she commanded, he would be her slave.

Melody smiled then, knowing she would use him to the fullest of his abilities, until she got what she wanted and who knows if he was really useful she may just keep him.