No Longer Kids

"Can't believe it's really my 13th birthday. I never did prove to be of much use to the Kids Next Door. I mean my brother and so many others were of more use than I ever was. I wasn't even able to keep my promise to capture Number 274." Alexis says as she is sitting with Sector V as all the other operatives are gathered.

"Alexis you know that isn't true. Besides Chad is a jerk anyway." Number 5 says as she smiles at Alexis.

"Yeah. You took over training of the kids in the Artic Base and proved to be an amazing teacher for the recruits. You even taught Number 60 what he knows. Plus no KND operative can turn into a wolf." Number 2 says as he smiles.

"Number 2's right. Alongside Number 9 and many others you were one of the best operative's the Kids Next Door has ever seen. You are brilliant, fast, reliable. Lots of things. Your time here hasn't been a waste." Number 1 says.

"No but it has come to an end." Alexis says as she sighs.

"Don't worry Alexis. You'll be okay. So will the Kids Next Door. Plus we'll help to keep your promise." Number 5 says reassuringly.

"Yeah. I guess you're right. Thanks guys." Alexis says as she smiles before Number 86 comes over with a birthday cake.

"Sorry to interrupt but it's time to blow out the candles." Number 86 says as she puts the cake on the table.

"My fellow Kids Next Door it's been an honor battling adult tyranny by your side. I truly wish I could say that I'll remember you all that won't be so after my decomissioning. I just wanna say thank you for everything. You've given me the best years of my life as a kid and so much more. Kids Next Door rules!" Alexis shouts as she stands up.

"Kids Next Door Rules!" The kids shout.

"Numbuh 6 you can blow out your candles now. Happy birthday Alexis." Number 86 says as she sniffles before Alexis blows out the candles.

"Number 5 one more thing. Keep an eye on your sector and cherish your times together. You've really lived up to expectation and more. I'm proud of you. I know your sister would be too. Also keep an eye on my little brother for me." Alexis says as she smiles at Number 5.

"Hey!" Number 1 says annoyedly as Alexis chuckles.

"Follow me please." Number 86 says as she leads Alexis over to the decomissioning chamber before Alexis walks in as it is turned on.

*Timeskip 1 Week*

"Check out the new girl." A boy says as he and another boy are watching Alexis at her locker.

"Man she's hot." The other boy says as Alexis groans in annoyance and closes her locker.

"Excuse you. I can hear you ya know." Alexis says annoyedly.

"We know. What's your name beautiful?" One of the boys says as he and the other walk over to Alexis.

"None of your business now if you'll excuse me I'm late for class." Alexis says as she tries to leave with her notebook only for the boys to stop her.

"Aww come on." One of the boys says.

"We don't bite." The other boy says.

"But I do. Now back off." Alexis says annoyedly.

"I girl who's got a little fire in her? I like it. Come on cutie one date." The other boy says.

"I said no." Alexis says sternly.

"Leave her alone." A voice says angrily.

"Says who?" The other boy asks.

"Says me. Now I said leave." The voice says revealing to be a blonde haired boy.

"Great. Chad Dickson. Don't you have enough girls going gaga over you?" One of the boys asks annoyedly.

"This isn't just any regular girl. Now beat it." Chad says angrily.

"Ugh. Fine. Whatever." One of the boys says.

"We're out out of here." The other boy says as the two boys leave.

"Thank you." Alexis says as she looks at Chad.

"You're welcome." Chad says as he smiles.

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look extremely familiar but I can't figure out why. I also feel conflicted seeing you but I don't understand how where I don't know you." Alexis says curiously.

"Oh uh it's probably just coincidence." Chad says nervously.

"Oh wait. I know! You're the star quarterback on the football team." Alexis says as Chad looks at her in slight relief.

"Yeah. That's me. Sorry those guys were hassling you. I hope you know not all guys are like that." Chad says as Alexis smiles softly.

"It's alright. Most men think pretty girl and automatically they'll say yes with a bit of charm. Basically many think no means yes and get lost means I'm all yours." Alexis says.

"Right. So Alexis right?" Chad asks.

"Yes. How'd you know?" Alexis asks curiously.

"It's uh on your notebook." Chad says nervously as he gestures to Alexis's notebook.

"Oh. Right. You do seem like a really nice guy Chad. I wish I knew why I feel the way I do seeing you. I feel like we know more about each other than at first glance." Alexis says.

"Like I said maybe coincidence. But I've seen you around. You're a pretty rad girl." Chad says as he smiles.

"Thanks." Alexis says happily.

"I think you may be right though on that feeling. I'd be happy to find out together if you would? Say maybe a date?" Chad asks curiously.

"Not like the other boys huh?" Alexis asks curiously.

"At least I'm a little more respectful but you are pretty hot though." Chad says as he blushes.

"Mmm. Alright then. One date and we'll see how it goes. Besides you are pretty cute." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Thanks. But I think we're gonna get along fine." Chad says happily.

"I think you're right about that." Alexis says happily.