Truth

"Hang on! This is gonna be a little bumpy!" Alexis says as the group crash lands into where the others are being decommissioned.

"Help has arrived guys." Number 1 says as he and Alexis free the others.

"Thanks. But I only got one question. Who are you?" Number 5 asks.

"You guys really don't know who we are? Oh man. We're too late." Number 1 says as Alexis gives a sad look.

"Uh Number 1 I think we should be moving." Alexis says worriedly hearing Number 86 not far away.

"Okay quickly you are all crack operatives in a top secret organization of highly trained kids." Number 1 says as he tries to explain to the others with no luck.

"Number 1 we don't have a lot of time. Look everyone I know it's a lot but it's a long story that we don't have time for. We just need you to trust us." Alexis says before Number 86 arrives with other operatives.

"Catch them!" Number 86 shouts causing everyone to scatter around the walkway.

"Brace yourselves!" Number 1 shouts as the others reluctantly help him and Alexis shatter the stone walk ways making the floor under the group go falling and crash into Number 274's office.

"Alexis, Number 1! Man am I glad to see you." Number 274 says.

"Freeze!" An operative says as he and others alongside Number 86 point their weapons at the group.

"Hands up!" Number 86 shouts.

"You guys can't fool me. You didn't say Simon says." Number 3 says as she laughs.

"Hands up before I blast you into deep space." Number 86 says.

"Okay Number 86. Just take it easy. No need for anything rash." Alexis says nervously.

"The easy way went out the window long ago! Now do as you're told!" Number 86 shouts angrily.

"I'm sorry Numbers 1 and 6. I tried. The jig is up." Number 274 says.

"Oh that's too bad chad. My sister and I'll have to miss your party." Number 1 says as Alexis looks at him.

"I- I don't know what you're talking about." Number 274 says as he looks down.

"Yes Number 1. What are you talking about?" Alexis asks.

"Oh really? I wondered why someone would go through all the trouble of wrongfully decomissioning all the kids in my Sector. I was stumped until I looked at my mail." Number 1 says as he holds up the piece of mail he was holding earlier.

"What is that?" Number 86 asks.

"It's not mine!" Number 274 says worriedly.

"Give me that! It's an invitation to... Number 274's 13th birthday party!?" Number 86 says as she takes the mail and looks at it.

"I told my parents I didn't want a stupid party!" Number 274 shouts angrily.

"Of course you didn't. Number 274 knew he'd be decommissioned if anyone found out about his 13th birthday. He hacked into the mainframe and falsified his age months ago but forgot his parents planned to throw a party until after they'd mailed the invitations. The only way to ensure no one learned the truth was to erase the memories of everyone on the mailing list. And the only way to do that was by decommissioning them. It was just a simple matter of using the computer to up our ages and then let Number 86's troops do the dirty work for him." Number 1 says as everyone looks at Number 274 in shock.

"Is this true Chad?" Alexis asks in disbelief.

"It's true but you don't understand. An organization this big doesn't run itself you know! I've been running this show for five years. Five years! I can't let all that I've worked for, all that I've accomplished be ruined by a bunch of snot-nosed brats!" Number 274 says as everyone gasps in shock.

"Chad!" Alexis says in shock.

"Listen to yourself! You sound just like a teenager." Number 1 says.

"Number 274 you are hereby scheduled for immediate decommissioning." Number 86 says before Number 274 grabs Tommy.

"None of you are gonna say a word to anyone. I hope you all have sunscreen because I've set this base on a direct collision course with the sun." Number 274 says as he laughs and leaves with Tommy in an escape pod.

"He's gonna get away!" An operative shouts.

"No he isn't. I'll deal with him. You guys deal with the moon base." Alexis says as she runs off.

*Timeskip*

"Alexis!" Number 1 shouts as he later sees Alexis and Tommy come walking over.

"Tommy!" Number 2 shouts happily.

"Hoagie!" Tommy shouts as he runs over to Number 2.

"Where's Number 274?" Number 86 asks as she comes over.

"He got away from me Number 86. I'm sorry but I wasn't able to capture Number 274." Alexis says.

"You called him Number 274? You aren't gonna call him Chad? You two almost always called each other by your actual names." Number 1 says in surprise.

"He isn't a friend anymore Number 1... He's our enemy." Alexis says sadly.

"Are you alright girl?" Number 5 asks as Alexis shakes her head.

"No. I feel like someone stabbed me in the back and heart. He was my best friend... I'll deal with him myself. I won't stop until I bring him back for decomissioning. I got a few choice words for him anyway." Alexis says as she gives a determined look.