Hearing Aids

Imagine Harry, a single father to his 7 month old daughter, Leighton who was very hard of hearing. Harry had known something was off when little Leighton was never startled by loud noises and slept through storms in the middle of the night. He had taken her to the pediatrician's office for a hearing test to find out whether she'd need hearing aids. He had taken the time to teach himself as well as his little girl a bit of sign language which she picked up on.

He was sitting in the audiologist's office with Leighton on his lap waiting for the doctor to come in with the hearing aids for his daughter.
"Alrighty, why don't we get this little one some hearing." The audiologist spoke walking into the room. Harry was a little nervous. She attached the hearing aids to both of Leighton's little ears as she began to fuss. He tried to sooth her while the audiologist turned them on. "Okay, try speaking to her now." The audiologist told him.
"Lei Lei.." He spoke. The baby began to wince before making a confused face. "Hi, baby!" He said softly. "Is that your daddy's voice?" The audiologist spoke. Leighton's eyes filled with tears as she smiled hanging onto the sound of her father's voice. "Oh, my angel..hi baby.." He spoke with a tearful smile. He softly sang a tune known all too well,

Isn't she lovely,
isn't she wonderful.
Isn't she precious,
less than one minute old.
Had I ever thought,
the love we'd be
making one as lovely as she.
Isn't she lovely, made from love. 

The baby babbled with her tearful smile hanging onto every lyric and every word and the sound of his voice. He had been waiting for this moment for so long. It was like the first time he had fallen in love with her all over again.