Six

A rapid beating heart wasn't a good sign for a princess who's out of the palace, and not just out of the palace. Unsupervised, lost, and wounded.

You have been running out of the sickening empire of your soon-to-be-husband just because of a criticism made by a useless servant. Usually when you're in the right state of mind, you would immediately ignore those comments and toss it aside like it was nothing. As you were still high of value and was respected in your palace, but now that it wasn't the case anymore. Since you were stripped off from your position and is now instead a baby maker for Claude, everything went worst.

Even your mental health broke down just by knowing that you weren't going to live as the empress of your country, instead you're stuck here in a place where you'd be spending the rest of your life in shame and anger. Everyone was selfish for putting you into this state, you were a mess already. Your gown wasn't at its best shape and you're all wounded due to the fact that you kept falling down the ground when you run.

You expected less from Claude and his workers, but you didn't expect it to be this brutal and harsh. And it made you want to laugh.

"How can the world be so cruel to me?"

Did the Gods hate you so much that they're willing to make you suffer just because they feel like it? Did they hate you so much for being someone you want to be? How can they be so cruel to you?

Small droplets of rain gently tapped your skin, as if it was mocking you to slowly cry when it picks up its pace and turn into rain. Which made you more angry than you were before.

Angry tears escaped your furious eyes as the rain poured down along your flowing frustration.

•••

"What do you mean she's outside the palace and can be possibly lost?" Claude's calm voice greeted the servants' ears as they bow their head and answer in unison.

A loud thunder made the servants flinch in fear. Not just because of the thunder, but also because of the now raging emperor in front of them with Felix by his side who seems to be having a neutral expression after snitching on them for their unprofessional mouths. Oh how they despite Felix for being inconsiderate, but it was still their fault no matter who they point their fingers and blame.

Claude is angry and it was something that can only be tamed when he finds what he wants.

And that was you, at the moment.

"I will not hesitate to cut your throats and show it to the village as a shameful reminder of how stupid you servants can be when you were told to do something right for once" his words were enough to send shivers down their spine, his venomous tone made them weak on their knees. If only they knew how this would affect him, they would've kept their mouth shut.

But alas, they didn't.

And it was something that they're regretting now.

"If I cannot find the princess along with Felix I will never hesitate to end each and one of you along with your brainless family."

That's when they saw their lives flash before their eyes after Claude slammed the door of his office open with Felix following him from a safe distance.

They knew they have to look for you too, even if the emperor didn't ask them to do so.

•••

You couldn't help but close your eyes in fatigue and pain as the hard droplets of rain tapped your skin in violence, a reminder that you were still surprisingly alive after hours of running around. Your body demanded for rest and healing, which you couldn't do at the moment due to injuries. If only you haven't used most of your mana into trying to get away from the empire, you wouldn't be bleeding like a murdered woman in the middle of nowhere.

Really though, you were a murdered woman. Not because someone attempted to kill you, but because everyone around you killed your future. Your life was murdered right before you by giving you a spare choice that you didn't get to choose and was forced to participate into it because you don't have any other choice.

Was this your fate? A trashed heiress? A now forgotten princess?

Didn't you have your people's respect? What happened there?

Brother took everything from me, mother and father gave everything to him.

You shouldn't really hate your brother, it wasn't his fault that he was chosen. But you couldn't help yourself, you wanted to blame someone for the other people's doing. You wanted someone to take all of it and digest it into their system, as you can't really lash out at your parents.

But your brother, he was a perfect target for your hatred.

Other big sisters wouldn't be blaming their brothers for the failure their parents made them to be, and instead focus their hatred onto the pathetic excuse of people who gave life to them.

But you were different, you want to hate each and every single bit of your family.

Even yourself.

•••

"Are you sure about her highness being here, your majesty?" Felix's hesitant eyes looked around the area as Claude leads the way to the possible place you'd be at.

The blonde emperor grunted, "I did put some magic in one of her favored jewelries just in case she stupidly run away without the servants noticing."

So that's why he knew how to find you, good thing he told Claude about you missing. It was easy to find you now.

"I just really hope she's safe" the read headed knight stated.

Because I don't know what to do if something did happen to her, I'm afraid of the consequences others will face for it.

"I can and I will find her."

Note!

Hi everyone, this is chapter 6 as you can see. After how many weeks of not updating this book, I finally decided to. I'm really sorry for neglecting this little baby here, I didn't mean to abandon this for a long time.

But here it is now, it may be a bit unsatisfying but it's all I can give you guys for now.

Stay safe everyone

- Tryselle