Fourteen

If beauty could describe this blonde woman, it would be an understatement. How can a lady like her be this surreal?

The woman simply looked at Claude with a smile, not worrying about what he's capable of doing as a stranger which actually weirded him out at some point. Shouldn't she be scared of him? Why isn't she running away?

As if knowing his thoughts. The lady finally answered his question, "I was only out for a walk in this beautiful night. It is a blessing to see his Majesty out here, I can only dream of this moment as a little girl."

"May your marriage be blessed by the Gods" she said as she bow at him, only to be stopped by Claude himself.

"May I know your name?" he asked.

The lady seems surprised at his question but she smiled nonetheless, he was intrigued by her and the blonde woman didn't even bother keeping her identity as a mystery towards the Emperor himself.

"I am Diana, your highness."

Claude hummed, his gaze were enough to make her smile turn into a grin. At that moment, Diana realized her impact towards the Emperor. The man feared by his people was somehow in a state in front of her. Even if he doesn't say a thing after her, she was sure that she was doing something to affect his thoughts.

Diana couldn't help but smirk in her thoughts, who would've known that a married Emperor like him looks at other women as if he's mesmerized. Maybe she was an exception, after all Diana was breathtaking. Even the Gods would agree to that if they were to speak with Claude right now.

But his mind went back to your frowning figure, how you'd easily avoid him when he tries to comfort you. Whenever you're anxious over something and he has to take over stuffs for you, it was truly a hassle for his part. But you weren't a hassle to him, perhaps it was his soft spot speaking. Claude wants to give you the life your parents couldn't have, but you were cold.

And Diana was warm.

So perhaps, this sudden feeling of excitement was fine? Who knows, he wouldn't know. He doesn't know anything about how love works anyways, not like he has to do it. But maybe, maybe with Diana he can.

"Would you rather come with me back to the empire?" he mindlessly asked, his crystal blue eyes stared at her ruby red ones.

Diana smiled at the offer, as much as she wants to. Claude was already a married man, and she is no homewrecker to begin with. She doesn't have any plans on becoming a concubine.

"Does his highness have a liking towards me already?" she joked, but Claude simply dismissed her words.

He simply shook his head, "My wife would like your company. She doesn't seem to be herself all the time, and I think someone like you to cheer her up."

"Ah" Diana's brows raised in surprise, that was all he was concerned about?

She felt stupid at that moment, Diana never felt so stupified until this time. The Emperor himself, who had an interest with her. Suddenly thought about his wife and that she was a perfect companion for who? His wife of course.

Diana's lips were slightly ajar at the revelation, she thought he was going to ask her to be his concubine. She would have accepted it even if she says it herself that she doesn't want to be a homewrecker, Claude was a good bag after all. She would do anything to be under his good side.