Fifteen

As Claude settles down beside you, his eyes found itself to take a good look of your features and thought about how he didn't notice such details until now. You were quite a beautiful woman yourself, the way you carry on with your duties along with how you handle matters with your own knowledge and strength without asking for his help most of the time. It was something Claude was thankful for, since you were independent in your own way and he didn't have to teach you anything.

He didn't notice some details of your facial features as he wasn't the one to pry on you about it, Claude is somehow passive regarding on what you dress or style yourself. As long as you were fine with what you present, then it was also okay for him.  But now that he has the opportunity to at least check you closely– though he's always right beside you Claude doesn't really have the time to stare at you and admire your beauty as you always find his presence weird. That's why he doesn't try to– Claude simply took in your features and his brows raised in interest.

You were beautiful, yes. Despite the absence of beauty enhancers like the accessories and make up, you were someone with a natural beauty that could make men swoon if they were to see your bare face. It even made Claude wonder as to how could you have that unrealistic beauty, Diana was breathtaking too. But you were a different kind of breathtaking.

He wasn't in love with you, no. Claude just appreciates your presence and efforts in maintaining a good status in the empire, people adored you and that was enough to make him happy with you around. No, he doesn't have any plans on being in a romantic relationship with you despite the marriage. Both of you had a deal already, and it should stay that way.

Love shouldn't be considered in this type of marriage.

...

"I shall take my leave, my lady." The maids bowed at Diana before they left the room without saying anything more than needed.

The blonde woman found herself sitting on the edge of the bed filled with thoughts, her mood upset at the thought that she wasn't able to have a proper moment with the Emperor due to his wife's sudden interference earlier.

It was no doubt that the Empress was beautiful, but she really thought that she could outdone you due to how Claude reacted when the both of them met. But she was wrong, you were more than a regular beauty and she knows it. Because how can a woman who just woke up from her sleep look like a goddess? No one could compare to you, that was it.

But something inside Diana made her still feel determined despite the fact that you were almost perfect, she doesn't know why she felt brave about it. As she knows herself well that Claude would always choose you as his wife no matter what happens, but it wasn't like she wouldn't try to still get into him and feel his desires. She was going to do something regarding that while she stays in the palace, no matter how hard it is to get an reaction out of the Emperor himself.

For now, all she could do is sleep her thoughts away and pray for a better morning ahead.

...

You woke up from the empty feeling beside you, which meant Claude had already woken up to do his part of the duty for today's errand which made your brows furrow as to why he didn't even wake you up. He would usually do that every morning, but today was different. He was nowhere to be found.

A servant came in the moment you sat up from the bed, her eyes held uncertainty and hesitation before bowing in front of you. You didn't question her behavior obviously and got out of the bed carefully so the maid could do her work, your ladies in waiting then entered the room and prepared what was necessary to help you start your day.

As much as you wanted to ask them about your missing husband. You couldn't find yourself doing it as if your tongue was tied into a knot, making you unable to say something in return. Your ladies in waiting didn't even tell you something about it so you didn't suspect something. That was until they were finished with their last task which was styling your hair.

"Your highness. His Majesty is out with the Lady Diana in the garden" one of your ladies in waiting said in hesitation "We were told to inform you that His Highness wants your presence to be there once you're prepared, which is now."

Huh, so he's with that new woman after all. It wasn't actually surprising, considering the fact that Diana was needed to be shown around the palace. But you didn't know that he'd actually do it himself and didn't put the task to the maids in the palace.

You simply hummed as a yes to them and got out of your room so that you can meet your husband at the garden along with his visitor. The walk wasn't that far, but still tiring due to how big the place was. No matter how sporty and trained you are, you still find walking a hard thing to do around the palace. Since you were used to teleporting once in awhile, but you couldn't do it here. It was no use.

After some time of walking, you finally found yourself standing in front of Claude and Diana who had their backs on you. They seem to not notice your presence so you just waited for one of them to even look behind and notice you, which took a few minutes to do so but it was fine. Claude finally looked behind and noticed your waiting figure there, his eyes lit up in interest as he finds himself immediately approaching your direction.

Diana on the other hand looked like she was bothered with your presence in which you didn't pay any attention to, she wasn't relevant unless she does something that you have to take action in order to prevent errors. If she isn't stupid enough to do so, then you'll be fine having her around.

"It seems like Your Grace is having fun with the new Lady" you chuckled once Claude settled in front of you.

He simply ignored your comment and extended his hand for you to take "That is nonsense, you know that I do not enjoy such things."

Whatever you say.

You simply hum at his reply and took his hand before he led you towards Diana who now looked like she wanted to get out of the scene as soon as possible, it didn't bother you of course. She wasn't relevant.

And she should stay that way, I don't want anything to ruin my life in this place. Not even someone.

Because I don't know what I'd do if she were to ruin the last thing that I have in this life.