I've never seen you like this

Saturday.
Eleven hours until Pansy's birthday party.

Draco wasn't sure what had happened to their arrangement of casual sex; he just knew that he had not overcome his crush on Granger within the expected timeframe. If he'd be honest with himself, he'd have to admit that it had gotten worse. He hadn't been able to spend one night apart from her in the last two weeks.

Spending time with Granger was all he truly cared about as soon as he left the office. They hadn't necessarily talked about how she felt about their time together, but Draco made sure she had nothing to complain about. He didn't even feel sorry for neglecting his friends. For the first time since he had left Hogwarts, he had skipped boys' night twice.

Granger's insatiable hunger for him and his body was something he couldn't get tired of. The way she had started begging for him to touch her made him hard whenever he thought about it. Every single day.

There was more to it though. Despite the endless hours of filth between them, he couldn't remember a time he had ever slept more peacefully. He hadn't had a nightmare since they had spent their nights closely entangled with each other. Her warm body pressed against his felt like it had been made for him.

Just last night, while she had drawn lazy circles on his bare chest, he had wondered if she had somehow healed him. If he was truly as whole as she made him feel. Or if it was all an illusion at last. After all Draco wasn't naïve. He knew that this newfound safety bubble they had created for themselves was only going to last so long. There was just no way the outside world wouldn't shred whatever they had to pieces. He didn't have the right to be this close to her forever. He knew that.

For some reason it felt particularly hard for him to leave her behind in her sheets today. His body was still covered in a thin layer of sweat when he put his jumper back on in the early morning hours. He sat on the edge of her bed and watched her with a satisfied smirk, admiring his artwork. Her hair was as messy as it could have been after he had lost himself in between her thighs. Salazar knew they hadn't even spoken a proper word yet. His fingers still smelled like her, and he craved a hot shower before he had to meet his lawyer at the office. He usually didn't work on Saturdays, but the fundraiser was around the corner. Six weeks from today.

Lukas Brown had sent him an owl last night to confirm he had prepared the final paperwork for him to sign. He also had to stop by the manor to visit his mother before heading over to Pansy's place for the party. A party where he would keep a safe distance from Granger.

She kept her eyes closed but wore a coy, satisfied smile on her swollen lips. Her cheeks and neck were still flushed. He had made a purring mess out of her.

He liked her this way. More than he cared to admit.

Draco watched her for a while before he reached for her hair; his fingers ran through it until they got tangled in a beautiful mess. He scraped her scalp gently.

Her eyes fluttered open; she rumbled into his touch like a tame kitten and caused his heart to stumble over its own beat. He just couldn't get enough of her.

"I'll see you at the party. You should catch up on some sleep until then."

"I wish I could. Pansy has a strict program for today."

He smiled.

"Of course she does."

---

Seeing Lukas Brown wasn't on the top of his wish list; but then again, without the tosser being a major fuck up he maybe would have never had the opportunity to end up in Granger's sheets. He was painfully aware of this fact as they sat across from each other in the empty lobby of his office.