A different World

Friday.

The day after.

Draco knew he shouldn't be here tonight. Granger had told him that she was planning to spend this evening with Parkinson at The Three Broomsticks. So why didn't he insist of going somewhere else when Nott and Zabini hit him up for a drink.

After he had spilled his seed all over her hands and his own signet ring, he should have taken a step back from his internal dilemma and distracted himself with another witch far away from Hogsmeade. But here he was; bringing a glass of Fire whiskey to his lips while Nott and Zabini were speculating about the odds of convincing Draco's mother to host the opening event of the fundraiser in the manor.

He had told them twice already that she wouldn't do it, without needing to ask her. She hadn't left her house in a long time, and she surely wouldn't want to invite half of the wizarding world into the manor. He was set on hosting the event at a more formal place. Last year they had rented an old villa outside of London, he had the contract on his desk in his office for a renewal.

Draco's thoughts wandered, and his eyes drifted to the bar where Granger and Parkinson sat with their backs turned towards them. She wore a pencil skirt and high heels – her legs were crossed on top of the highchair she was sitting on.

"Malfoy!" Zabini kicked him under the table where he sat across from him when he flinched out of his stupor.

"What?!" He hissed and straightened his shoulders before gulping down his drink. His eyes shot to his friends.

Nott turned around to figure out what or better who he had been distracted by. He smirked when he turned back around. "There we have the reason for your moping tonight."

Draco's expression stayed deadpan, occluding his urge to look at her again. "I'm not moping. It's been a long week."

Nott chuckled before he continued. "No shit. Your Witch Weekly article had quite the impact on the amount of owl shit dripping from my office window. Got lots of fan mail to woo you into witches' sheets, didn't you?"

Zabini snorted, "Very touching story by the way."

Draco rolled his eyes but kept quiet when Nott continued his monologue. "How did Granger like the article?"

He stiffened but held his face under control. He knew they just wanted to get a rection from him. "Why would she care?!"

"Do you really think we don't know what's going since the night we all hung out together or are you in in great denial about this?" Nott cocked his brows and Zabini hummed and imitated a low groan before whispering poorly, "Oh yeah... Granger... harder... uhhh"

Draco got up abruptly and mumbled something about getting a new drink before leaving the booth with a frustrated shiver running down his spine. He heard his friends howling behind him when he approached the two witches.

Of course he knew that he was utterly fucked in any sense possible when it came to Granger. He had barley slept last night when he had returned from her place. Every time he had closed his eyes, he had seen her ridiculously pretty face. The signet ring on his finger weighed heavy and his heart was beating fast whenever he thought back to last night. He had a stupid crush on her; nothing he couldn't fix though.

Parkinson spotted him first when he stepped right next to Granger; the vanilla scent from her shampoo made him relax slightly. He nodded at her friend and the witch smiled wickedly in return. He wondered if she knew that they were fucking behind closed doors. He wondered if she in return had told Granger everything about the couple of times they had fucked back in school. He hoped not; but then again it was Pansy Parkinson.