chapter 6: An Old bird

The hero was walking back to the security room, he saw spartans Anton S-044 and Solomon S-069 along with Cortana, the spartans saluted John as he walked inside the room with his assault rifle holstered on his back.

"At ease." The war hero said as the two spartans lowered their hands "What's going on?" John asked Cortana appeared next to him on a control panel, "we've got company" The 'smart' AI said as she showed an aircraft of some sort landing on one of Beacon academies landing pads, the aircraft had fabric on the back of the wings and the back of the body, its wings looked as if they would snap at any moment, the color was white and blue, and it had some type of symbol on the sides of the aircraft.

"Can you identify?" John asked, "already did it when you were coming over here." Cortana began "it's a Schnee dust company aircraft, and from what I can get, the passengers are four Atlesian Knights, two pilots, and one member of the SDC and Atlas military, Commander Winter Schnee."

This got the war hero's attention, he didn't think that this would be a joint operation, but this 'Commander Schnee' was probably here for an inspection of sorts, and even so, why didn't Samuel inform him about the visit?

"Great, Ice bitch is back," Solomon said with venom in his voice, this got a glair out of the Master Chief, but the war hero decided to ignore the comment and focused his attention on the terminal that displayed the image of the aircraft, "What's the class of the ship?" John asked, "it's a 'trident' class airship, it's not designed for combat but it is made as a personal dropship for the members of the Schnee family." Cortana answered as she reconnected with John's suit system.

"Why is the commander here?" John asked, "she's probably here because of her sister." Anton began "her sister's name is 'Weiss Schnee', she used to be the heiress to the SDC before her little brother 'Whitley Shnee' became the next in line at the last second."

"And their dad is a complete ass too." Solomon added, "I guess that's where she gets her bitchiness from."

"Besides her attitude," Cortana began "she is a well-trained Commander under the command of General James Ironwood, the general we saw with Samuel back at Bravo base."

"Understood," John replied as he saw the back door open and a female with a uniform that the war hero wasn't familiar with, the woman had white hair frost blue eyes, and two armed androids coming out of the dropship.

"Is that her?" John asked as he turned to the other spartans, they nodded their heads in unison, and the war hero turned his gaze back to the screen as he saw the two Atlesian Knights being dragged back into the dropship, then one of their heads came rolling out of the back.

The war hero tensed up at this, two combat-ready drones got dismantled by a possible threat, maybe this person is one of the spies the joint task force has to deal with, and even so, why would this informant give away their identity so soon? Were they a distraction? Or a suicide bomber?

As John was thinking about the numerous outcomes of this he saw a man in his 40s walking out of the dropship, the man had pale red eyes, black pants, a grey shirt with a long-sleeved button-up coat, and black shoes

"Anton, tell Phantom-8 to meet me in the hanger, Solomon, maintain guard duty," John said as he went out the door

Solomon and Anton looked at each other, "we probably should have told him about Qrow." Anton said, "yup." Solomon replied, making a popping sound for the 'p'

***

John ran to the hanger bays to see the Stealth Pelican Phantom-8 opening its rear door for the spartan-II. John jumped on the pelican and ordered the pilot to take him to Beacon Academy