chapter 14

Tess's Pov

I blushed as everyone clapped and cheered after I finished. I knew I was an ok singer and everything but I always seemed to be shocked and nervous whenever I finished singing. I wonder what an alien would do if they were in this situation. I know weird right since I think of aliens straight away, but I wonder if they sound good...I bet they do. Ooh...I bet they have theatres on their planets as well as the X-factor or something. They probably call it the A-factor, you know as in A for alien. Ha, funny right?

"Tess!" I heard someone shout and I came out of my strange daydream and I looked around to find everybody, and I mean everybody staring at me strangely. I felt something bubble up in my throat and before I could stop myself I burst out laughing. I bent over to clutch my sides and holding onto someone's strong shoulder for support. One I calmed down I looked up to a very amused Adrian.

"Bunny-poo" I muttered, though I think it came out louder than I thought since Adrian and a few others burst out laughing next to me. I looked over to find Lisa grinning knowingly.

"Right that's me done" I smiled with a clap of my hands. I heard a large amount of groans and I looked around confused. If there something wrong with the food, cause if there is I am so staying away from it.

"The food is fine" Adrian muttered amused and my eyes widened.

"Crap, I said that out loud didn't I?" I said sheepishly and he nodded amused. I looked around to find the waiters looked slightly offended. Poo...

"Tess my dear, you were amazing" Lisa said as she came up to me and I grinned like a fool. What I am a girl who likes her compliments. Don't judge. I saw the crowd around us hadn't dispersed and I found myself pressing myself against Adrian whose arm had somehow wound its self around my waist. When did that happen? I shrugged at my thoughts and Adrian looked down at me with curiosity, I just stared blankly at him. He was quite handsome, alright stuff that he was as sexy as hell. A smirk appeared on his lips. What?

"So you think I'm sexy?" he whispered as others laughed. I felt myself turn as red as a beetroot and decided to quickly change the subject. I can't believe I said that out loud. I need a god damn mouth filter!

"Thank you Lisa, I guess I will be off now" I said with a smile and began to pull away from Adrian. I saw Jack and Dana in the corner and I took the time to look at their expressions. Dana looked jealous but relieved while Jacks expression was a whole other story. His jaw was rigid with anger and his eyes shone with...jealously? Strange, I noticed that Lisa was again looking nervous.

"Are you alright Lisa, you look like a jitter bug" I said before I could stop myself. People chuckled around me and I felt an arm wrap itself around my waist again. I looked up to find Adrian staring down at me. I rolled my eyes but looked back at Lisa.

"I was wondering dear whether you could since another song, everyone even the adults seem to like your music better. I will pay you extra of course" she asked hopefully. I looked at her confused.

"Huh?" I asked. I mean the singer has had a break and everything and I would have thought that since she was getting paid way more for her performance that they would want to make the most of her. I wasn't saying she wasn't good, because she was; it just wasn't my taste in music.

"Come on Tess!" I heard someone shout and I looked around to find everyone looking at me hopefully. I shrugged, it's not like I had anywhere else to be.

"Cool, let me just grab my guitar" I said and everyone cheered. I rolled my eyes but laughed as I pulled out of Adrian's grasp to go get it.

"Let me help" I heard Adrian say as he interrupted someone. I nodded and laughed as I skipped a head of him. For some strange reason I began singing 'I'm singing in the rain' in my head. I smiled gleefully as I skipped and twirled down the halls. I heard Adrian shout my name with humour and I spun around to see him a few paces behind.

"I wana piggy back!" I shouted as I ran behind him and jumped on his back. He gaped in surprised but recovered quickly enough to catch me before I slipped back down.

"How old are you?" he asked amused and I gasped in fake hurt. I know people thought of me as a child since my personality was bubbly and such. You know one of my foster homes actually tried to put me in a mental home. I know right... I was there a few days until the government found out; I had to admit though I was kind of sad to leave. There were actually a lot of nice children in there who people had just locked away. Anyway back to my current situation.

"I am the same age as you" I said with mock anger as I slapped him playfully on the arm. He laughed and it was then I realised that we weren't moving. I wrapped my legs around his front and I swear I heard him groan. I shrugged and clicked.

"Giddy up horsey!" I yelled and laughed when Adrian faked whinnied and practically ran to were my guitar was. I heard the other singer's voice through the building so I knew the audience wasn't going to be standing and sitting in silence. We stopped when we reached the room and tears were running down my face from laughing so hard. I reluctantly un-wrapped my legs liking my ride and not wanting to get off as I slid to the ground. I swore that Adrian seemed to be reluctant as well, why I had no idea though. I ran into the room and grabbed my guitar before skipping back to where Adrian was waiting.

"Ready?" he asked and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and we made our way back, me skipping by his side to keep up with his long and quick strides. Why was he walking so quickly?

"Yo, slow down roadrunner" I said as he continued to drag me along. He looked behind and stared at me in amusement

"Roadrunner?" he asked confused and amused and I gaped at him. Please tell me he had heard of roadrunner?

"You don't know who roadrunner is?" I asked with shock. I actually started to feel slightly angry; I mean who does know who roadrunner is! Picking up on my anger he burst out laughing. What was he laughing at? I mean this was no funny situation! He didn't know who roadrunner was for goodness sake!

"Calm down Tess, of course I know who roadrunner is!" he laughed and I stamped on his foot making him gasp out in pain and stop. He looked at me in shock and annoyance and I couldn't help but grin. He looked so funny bouncing up and down holding his foot.

"Why do you keep doing that?" he whined as he put his foot down, grabbed my hand and practically dragged me the rest of the way to the hall.

"I had fun, wasn't it good for you?" I mimicked his whiny tone but when I saw we had already gotten then and everyone was staring at me agape I blushed and buried my face in his chest. I felt him vibrate with laughter as he let a chuckle pass through his lips. Luckily I wasn't the sort of person who got embarrassed and fretted over it. I looked around for Lisa and found her with Jack and Dana. Dana was looking as happy as a bumble bee who just found a pot of honey while both Lisa, her husband and Jack looked strained and uncomfortable. I shrugged and skipped over to them with my case.

"Tess!" Lisa said relieved and I saw Jack look confused by the situation as well as slightly relieved as well. She turned around and hugged me; I chuckled and hugged back when she whispered thank god in my ear.

"So who's this, ya hubby?" I grinned as I looked at the handsome man standing next to Lisa.

"This is my husband John" she said beaming and I could tell they were still deep in love. I walked over to him and gave him a big hug which he carefully returned, I could tell he was stunned and a few guards even took a step closer to me. Wow do I look like that much of a threat. I am a total ninger!

"Nice to meet you John, you're lucky man to have caught Lisa I can tell you that much" I said beaming and watched as he chuckled and pulled his wife close to him. I could tell I had grown on him already, I was like a fungus. I grew on you whether you liked it or not.