chapter 1

Tess's Pov

"Tess!" I heard someone shout into my ear, I cringed, I mean who the hell could that be. I mean I don't have a lot of friends, you see I am a hyperactive dreamer so half the time I had no idea what the hell is going on around me. You may want to know some things about me, well like you heard my name is Tess. I am 17 and I have long brunette hair, which I absolutely love since most of the girls in our school have blonde hair or they died it. Yea, while I apparently still act like a kid they are all going out of their way to have boys, money, cars and all that. I don't really care much about it, I wasn't a nerd actually I was the complete opposite. I got all right grades but I had to try hard to get them, you see I am on a scholarship so I am just skimming the grades that I need.

"Tess!" I heard my name again; gosh I really need to stop daydreaming. It was one of the reasons I didn't do well in school, I missed half of the lessons and lectures due to 'zoning out' and stuff. Crap, maybe it was my teacher again; they were always shouting at me for my pranks and daydreams...I mean it wasn't my fault I drifted away into another world.

"Uhm?" I muttered dreamily, I didn't snap out of it until I heard the screams of excitement around me. I looked up to find my best friend looking at me, her eyes twinkling with excitement. I looked at her confused...plus I thought she was getting me a muffin.

"Have you not been listening to me, really Tess I think you should see someone about your day dreaming" she said seriously, though quickly since apparently she was in a rush or something. I creased my brows when I saw her hands were empty, where was my muffin?

"Been there done that" I grinned. It was true; the amount of people which I was sent to was unbelievable. They said I had a hyperactive imagination, basically it was like I was constantly on a sugar rush...oh and don't get me started when I get given sweet things, I love it but apparently I'm mentally not safe or something like that. Not dangerous...just excited to a level where I look mad. I think.

"So, you haven't heard?" she asked looking at me like I was crazy, don't worry I'm used to it.

"OMG Tess, where the hell have you been?" she said while throwing her hands in the air. Dana was the same age as me apart from she was as rich as hell, she had long blonde hair which was completely real and her blue eyes made her look even prettier. She was incredibly smart even though she didn't need to be and she was incredibly loyal, oh and she was single. I wasn't a lesbian or anything but I knew if someone was pretty or not.

"You said you were getting me a muffin" I whined as my eyes filled with tears. I was really looking forward to getting it; I knew it would have tasted incredible when I took a bite out of it...yum muffin.

"Tess!" Dana shouted annoyed and it was only then I realised that she had dragged me outside where a load of people were staying. The girls were surrounded by a car and I could tell whoever it was had to be famous, but I couldn't concentrate unless I got a muffin in me.

"I want my muffin" I muttered sourly as I stuck my bottom lip out.

"Oh for goodness sake Tess, a prince is coming to our school and all you can think about is a muffin" she said confused as she pulled me into the crowd. Did she just say muffin? Like the one she said she would get from me...maybe I could go to a shop before homeroom, I was always late for it anyway which I couldn't seem to help. Nothing seemed to work.

"OMG, he is so hot!" she screamed with the other girls making me lose my train of thought. Where was I again? Oh...yea price or something. I looked over to where the boy had just gotten out of the car and I tilted my head to the side, I mean we have never had royals here. A famous person came once but got driven away by all the screaming girls in the first week, I never actually saw him. As I looked at the prince or whatever my eyes widened at how hot he was. He had short brown hair, the same colour as mine and the most amazing green eyes I have ever seen. My eyes were similar, but more of an emerald than anything else. I saw the girls frantically try and get his attention as he adjusted the tie on his uniform. Everyone had to wear uniform at this school, the times I hadn't I had my schedule filled with detentions all month.