chapter 9

Jack's Pov

"What's the time Jacky?" she laughed as she collected her stuff, I looked at my watch and my eyes widened.

"We missed lunch" I said, suddenly feeling hungry. I watched amused as Tess gaped before she smirked with an evil look in her eye. I had to admit I was slightly freaked out about what she was planning.

"Right guys I have to check in with the guards, I will check on you two later" John said, I liked that 'check on you two later' it just sounded right. I shook my head to clear away thoughts like that, I hadn't realised we were both standing until I heard Tess muttered something about candyfloss trees. I looked at her with confusion, only to smile slightly when I saw she was in the middle of another day dream, she does that a lot I thought.

"TESS!" I screamed in her face causing her to stumble back and scream as well. I held my hand up to the guard to tell him everything was fine and he was on his radio straightaway telling the others it was nothing.

"That was a mean trick!" Tess laughed as she slapped my arm playfully, I grinned and winked causing her to blush slightly though other than that she showed no other signs...urm.

"What can I say, I'm an evil fairy after all" I said playfully but I felt her stiffen and look at me with hesitation, as if she was actually trying to see if it was true.

"Where are your wings?" she asked curiously and I looked at her with disbelief but I decided to play along, it could be fun.

"I cut them off" I said, trying to keep my face serious. She gasped and looked at me with pity. Again she is so strange.

"Why would you do that!" she shouted as she stepped back slightly. I finally burst out laughing and a slightly angry expression passed on her features, it didn't take me long until I bent over clutching my sides as I tried to suppress my laughter.

"Seriously...I'm...not...fairy" I managed to get out and she huffed and crossed her arms. She looked adorable but I quickly that thought.

"Come on Jacky lets go get some food" she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me the way to the canteen. I looked down at our joined hands and for some reason I couldn't help the stupid smile which appeared on my lips. I didn't know how long I could deny my feelings for her, and I didn't know if I wanted to. As I let her drag me to the hall I suddenly realised that it was closed, why the hell we were going if it was going to be locked up tight. When I asked she gave me that evil smirk again and carried on her way, her hand still gripping to mine. She looked around carefully as her gaze darted to an open window before stopping and judging it.

"What the-?" I started but she cut me off.

"I need a leg up" she said grinning and bouncing on the spot, does she ever stand still I thought with a smile. My expression turned to confusion though when I realised what she was planning, was she serious?

"Look, Tess-"I started but she put a finger against my lips and I could only think about her lips being were her finger was, pressed against mine. I shook my head and pushed those thoughts away, I was with Dana for Christ's sakes, and I did not cheat on girls! But she would be worth it my head thought and I shook it away.

"Come on I'm hungry" she said and I was about to protest when she leaned in and pressed her lips to the bottom of my ear, before whispering "live a little." I found myself nodding and she giggled before gesturing for me to give her a leg up. I complied, I was hungry after all.