chapter 12

Tess's Pov

I carried my guitar case with trouble as I tried to carry my song sheets in the other hand. I had another singing job, which was good since I was running low on funds for my ice-cream addiction and all. As I made my way into the back entrance I stood in front of the door, just staring at it. I looked at my filled hands, I really didn't want to put my stuff the floor then have to pick them up and risk getting my dress dirty. Why in the hell did I wear white I thought with a sigh? I continued to stare at the door with determination, maybe if I thought hard enough it would open on its own. I hadn't realised I had spoken out loud until I heard someone chuckling behind me. I looked around irritated to find a gorgeous boy staring at me with amusement in his eyes; I rolled my eyes but decided to have a little fun.

"Hey" I said pretending to be shy and bashful. I caught as a smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth as he winked at me. I managed to stop the eye roll which threatened to take over. I took the time to look him over as he did the same to me; he was dressed in a black suit with a white shirt which matched my dress. And before you ask their so are different shades of white!

"Hey gorgeous" he purred and I narrowed my eyes slightly before widening them on purpose. He was a player...great! Note the sarcasm! I was already running late so I decided to hurry things along with my plan.

"Hey handsome, could you please open the door for me" I said with a fake lust filled voice. He looked like he was used to my tone and I had to stifle another eye roll.

"What's in it for me?" he said playfully and I saw amusement flash through his eyes. I grinned.

"We could have some fun" I purred and finally I saw his cocky attitude drop into an annoyed one. I kept my expression the same as he sighed in annoyance. So he didn't like girls who threw themselves at him huh? Good, because I wasn't going to! He shrugged and opened the door, I walked threw but just before I passed him I stamped on his foot. Oh yea did I mention I was wearing heels? Ops!

"WHAT THE HELL!" he shouted looking at me with shock as he grabbed his injured foot. I couldn't keep a straight face as I suddenly burst out laughing. Again he looked shocked that I wasn't falling at his feet, idiot!

"I said we would have fun, why wasn't it good for you?" I asked with fake seriousness which was hard when he was looking at you as if you have three heads. I carried on and I felt him hot on my heels, I sighed as I walked into what was my space for the night. It was a medium sized room with a sofa and a few other bits of music equipment. I put down my stuff and slumped on the sofa sighing in comfort. As I ran my fingers across the fabric of the sofa I let my mind wander to whether or not sofas liked us sitting on them. I mean if they could speak would they tell us to get off them, or do they feel comforted by us sitting on them... I was broken out of my thoughts by the boy who was shouting to get my attention impatiently. What was his problem?

"Are you are retard or something?" he asked seriously thinking I was still out of it, I wonder how long I zoned out for.

"I'm not retarded, I'm unique!" I blurted out only to be taken into another day dream about fairies and the fact I thought they were unique as well.

"Do not ignore me!" he shouted in my face and I snapped my head around into his direction to see him closer than I expected him to be. I jumped in surprise and looked at him wide eyes.

"What?" I asked innocently, what was his problem. He looked at me like I was crazy and I smiled when I thought the look suited him. Wait...what?

"You have been ignoring me for the past ten minutes!" he huffed out and I sighed in annoyance. Seriously I had been out for ten minutes, it only felt like few seconds and the day dream was like super weird.

"I wasn't annoying you, I just tend to zone out a lot!" I said defensively but I couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing, I was surprised when he joined me.

"Sorry about that, I'm Adrian Green" he said after we had ceased our laughter. He said his name nervously, so he was a prince. Cool. I decided to have a little fun. Putting my flirtations expression on I held my hand out and purred...

"Why hello, my name is marry me... I mean Tess" when I had finished I saw his eyes widen in annoyance and his eyes to narrow. Just as he was about to get up I burst out laughing at his expression, it was priceless. OMG why didn't I bring my camera! I knew my make-up was probably smudging all over the place due to me crying with tears of laughter, when I finally calmed down he spoke again.

"What?" he asked confused and annoyed.

"So, you're a prince what's the big deal. Anyway I have to get ready so you have to run along. Really though my name is Tess" I said while shrugging and making a hand gesture for him to get out. He sighed in relief and surprise and slumped into the couch opposite to where I was sitting. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down going through my sheet music as I did so. We continued to casually chat; luckily it was light subjects like where I came from, what school I went to and everything. He found it hilarious though when I would zone out and blurt random things out once he snapped me out of it. When he looked at his watch and said he had better get back before security got pissed he asked for my number, I grinned. He seemed nice; I could tell he wasn't a player so I gave it to him. About 4 minutes after he left he was already texting me. I laughed and soon we were in a text war about who was better, SpongeBob or Patrick. I know weird right? I think I found the male version of myself. COOL! Plus spongebob is so much cooler!!