Poltergiest's 1st battle

The time was 0600 hours and I was flying east to intercept the enemy. By the time I got my first glance at the enemy, they were already open firing at me so I made some quick manoeuvres to dodge the incendiary rounds. I quickly swapped to missiles and shot down an enemy. "Good shot Alex. Over" I heard guy call over the jets radio. Guy was our technological engineer, he was in charge of everything from hacks to breaching security systems. I was about to respond when a missile flew straight at me and I flipped the jet, missing the missile by about a metre. I was now upside down and flipped back upright and heard over the radio "close call Alex, glad you were paying attention. Over." this time it was Jack, our demolitions expert. He's a wiz at anything explosive. "Thanks for the encouragement but it's really not helping right now. Over" I replied sarcastically. An enemy jet suddenly exploded into a shower of hot metallic shards. All of a sudden, Maverick swooped next to me and I called over the radio "good shooting for an assault specialist! Over." He then replied after a short static "yea yea just keep your eyes on the sky and report back to base. Over and out." So we landed back at the carrier and went to our dorms.