CHAPTER TEN

As if in a trance, her eyes followed him as he closed the distance between them. She wanted to look away, but her eyes seemed paralyzed, refusing to obey the command her brain was sending.
He can't kiss her. She can't allow him to. He must not take her into his arms. She knew she'd be putty, dissolving like sugar in a glass of water. She did not have the strength to resist him, not when she knew after all this time her body still craved his brand of consuming possession.
The light knock on her door amplified like thunder, bringing her back to reality.

Saved by the bell!

'Your scotch Mr. Buchanan,' Jane announced.

Kimberly quickly used the time to regain her composure. She observed the way Jane's eyes darted from her to Rick, no doubt detecting the undercurrent in the cabin, before she exited again.

'Riccardo do you mind not barging in here as you please, I don't see the point of offering me a private suite, when you assume you have unfettered access here!'

'Now she's angry!' he grinned, observing her use of his name.

'I don't see what's funny. I should have opted for a bloody commercial flight,' she hissed.

Rick swallowed his scotch in one gulp unflinchingly.

'Let me make love to you Kimberly,' he murmured, his fingers caressing into the nape of her neck.

'Are you out of your bloody mind you sick bastard?' She jumped back a step, 'how many women have you been posing that question to in the last six months?'

Dark storm clouds formed in his eyes as he gave her a murderous stare.

'Get out!' she opened her cabin door. her body trembled so much, she told herself it was from anger.

'If you have anything to say to me, speak to my agent. I want nothing to do with you,' she spoke in a calm measured tone.

She shut the door locking it as Rick angrily departed.

She buzzed Jane, 'please ensure I'm not disturbed under any circumstances for the duration of the flight unless the plane is on fire.'

'Will do Ms. Sloane,' she giggled.'

'Thank you Jane.'

A ten minute press conference had been scheduled as a 'meet and greet' when they landed in New York City, as a press contingent had been accredited to follow them during the fourteen day promotion.

Kimberly had not slept much during the night. Though she'd switched the light off in her cabin, she lay awake for most of the night, knowing Rick was in the cabin right next to her. It was long after midnight when she noted from the shadow under the door separating them, the lights being switched off. She almost expected him to come barging in, claiming his conjugal rights, even though they were separated, but thankfully he did not disturb her for the duration of the night. They were scheduled to be landing in thirty minutes.

Kimberly had already showered, and was adorned in a designer lime green dress that looked as if it was tailored on her hour glass frame.  The matching jacket adding a rather chic finish. She had dressed to look presentable to the media, but she was sure Rick's appraising eyes would reflect an approving look. The length was just short enough to display advantage to her killer sexy legs, but then practically all her dresses were about that length, so nothing in her wardrobe could hide her legs. There were moans and groans as the captain announced a ten minute delay due to congestion on the runway. Everybody seemed sick of the confines of the jet and wanted the pleasure of terra firma.
Kimberly grinned, put her feet up and relaxed next to Ross.