chapter 7

The drive was starting to get long, the feeling of it only getting worse with extremely  long drawn out silence. While kavin had his  sight  set straight on the road, dushyant just looked outside the passenger's  seat window, purvi had already  dozed off and Ishita just looked outside, lost in her own thoughts.  

"Kitna time lagega aur?" Questioned dushyant, as kavin sighed before he looked a bit ahead on the road.

"Bas, pahaunch hi gaye…" replied kavin morosely, as dushyant  too was looking ahead. 

"Yeh raasta today sunsan nahi hai…" remarked Ishita from the back, leaning forward  to look ahead  on the way. 

"Lagta hai yaadein taza Kar raha Hai…yeh wahi bypass hai…" replied dushyant. 

"Raat ke time bulake official reunion hi karleta…sunday ki subha kyun kharab ki?" Questioned kavin sarcastically. 

"Guys, i think we should leave….he might be trying to get us back there…" warned ishita, starting to get anxious. 

Meanwhile  purvi woke up, as she looked around while rubbing her eyes. 

"Pahaunch gaye kya?" Questioned purvi, before she looked in her front. 

"The same road blocked sign….." Stated kavin, as it  started to dawn upon everyone what lay ahead was anything but good. 

                      *** 

8 years ago….. 

the music blared in the car, not as loudly as the singing along that followed by all the four, as the car went down the street at night. there seemed to be too much joy in the air for anything to go wrong, which is when things do unfortunately. 

the car stopped, as a sign read, 'road blocked, under construction' in bold red, all caps. 

"kya yaar, yeh rasta toh band hai!" exclaimed kavin. 

"don't worry, u-turn lekar dusre bypass se highway pe pahaunch jayenge...zyada der nahi lagegi..." assured dushyant, as he looked back to make the car go back. 

unfortunately, there was an obstruction, a car behind them, that would not move, but instead flashed their headlights at them. 

"what the fuck!" exclaimed ishita. 

"oh bhai! gaadi hatao, rasta band hai!" shouted kavin from outside the window. 

But they wouldn't move and this ended up being the first sign of trouble, as what followed was a man who stepped out of the car, with a gun in his hand. 

"Oh my god! He has a gun…..he's  coming here guys…." Exclaimed purvi, stating the first sign of trouble. 

"We need to get out of here man…" stated kavin with urgency. 

"How?! Jungle ke andar gaadi lejaon kya!" Exclaimed dushyant  back at him, but before anything could be done, there was a man knocking on the window of the passenger's seat, with a black ski mask covering his face, and the gun in his hand, pointed to kavin. 

Everyone was frightened for their lives, as the man signaled him to put down the window, kavin complied, letting the window down a little.

"Bahar nikal!" Threatened the man, as kavin and dushyant were starting to get nervous. 

"Dekhiye, hum yahan raasta bhatak gaye the, humein please jaane dijiye, badle mein aap paise le lijiye hamare saare…" attempted dushyant  to negotiate with him, but in vain. 

"Aap chahe toh credit cards, debit cards bhi rakh sakte hai…" offered ishita too. 

 "Aur hum kisiko nahi batayenge, bas please humein jaane dijiye…." Requested kavin too, but during the entire conversation, they were unaware of a group of men had surrounded the area around the car completely, with their guns pointing at all of them. 

"Nikal…" ordered the man once again, as dushyant and kavin swallowed a lump down their throats, before they got outside. 

The guns were pointed straight to their foreheads, as they raised their hands in surrender, while they were made to kneel down in front of the car, and the guns were drilled onto the back of their heads. 

"Dekho, kya milega tumhe humein maarke, huh? Isse acha yeh nahi kintum thode paise mil jayein, hum kisiko na bole iss barein mein….chod do humein uske badle?" Took dushyant another attempt to convince them to let go, but it didn't  seem to work.

"Madamon ko alag se invitation dena padega nikalne ko? Bahar nikalo unhe!" He ordered to rest of the men, as they started to pull ishita and purvi out. 

"Dekho please  unhe chod do, tumhe kya chahiye bataona, hum denge tumhe!" Pleaded kavin, but they  went  completely  unanswered. 

"Le jao inhe jhadiyon mein…." Remarked the guy, chuckling, as the girls started to protest while the guys held them to gunpoint and dragged them to the forest. 

They only screamed in no, struggling  hard to get out of their grips.

"Dekho aisa mat karo please,  chod do unhe…maarna chahte hona tum humein? Toh maarlo, par unhe chod do please!" Requested dushyant, getting agitated,while the  men only enjoyed this more, laughing in unison. 

While kavin and dushyant were starting  to find nothing but despair in the situation, they were left only more horrified when they heard a gunshot fire  from the jungle….