chapter 1

Rock music was blaring through the speakers of the car, bluetooth connected to the phone, where a never-ending playlist was going on, and the journey on the road seemed too long to finish soon as of now. 

"abe kaan ke parde phaega kya! kuch aur bhi laga le!" yelled a feminine voice from the backseat, her feet rested comfortably on the back of the passenger's seat, as the man behind the wheels shook his head in annoyance.

"aur nahi toh kya, kab tak yeh gaane bajaoge which are nothing but an excuse for you guys to just shout!" exclaimed another feminine voice, softer than the previous one, as she was seated right next to her, at the back seat. 

"oh come on yaar! road trip pe bhala koi shaant gaane lagata hai, sone thodi aaye hain..." responded a man seated on the passenger's seat, who was seated with a lifted knee, while the other leg was folded, and his head rested on his palm, supported by his knee resting on the window. 

"nahi-nahi, sona hoga na inhe, thak gayi hongi, itni der faltu mein bakar-bakar nahi kari na....main ek kaam karta hoon, gaane band hi kardeta hoon...." retorted the driver with utmost of sincere sarcasm. 

"you know, you shouldn't even be on this trip, you are the person with the worst taste in music ever...and we are going to a music festival..." argued the girl seated behind the driver on the backseat, while he just chortled at her comment. 

"acha...jaise tum toh asha bhonsle ki naatin ho...." he argued back, making her too chuckle scornfully at him, while the passive-agressiveness filled the air between them. 

"aur tum kya, micheal jackson ki aulaad ho!" taunted the girl seated behind the passenger's seat on the back, in defense of her friend. 

"tum dono jiss tarah se ration paani leke chadd jaati ho na choti si baat pe, dono ki dono insaanon ki pata nahi par kaali maata ki pakka kuch lagti ho!" barked the man on the passenger's seat, in annoyance, while the driver chuckled, lifting his hand for a high-five. 

"yeh acha tha..." he commented, while the man on the passenger's seat couldn't help but chuckle at his own comment too. 

"toh humare saath jaa hi kyun rahe ho?" questioned one of the ladies at the backseat, just done with both of them. 

Meanwhile, the boys exchanged glances where they were basically saying, 'yikes'. 

"majburiyan hoti hai purvi....doston mein dhang ke option kabhi-kabhi kam hote hain...." remarked the guy on the passenger's seat, as both the boys chuckled at the end of his line, and shared another high-five. 

Purvi rolled her eyes in annoyance, as she looked over to her friend on the side. 

"you know, tolerating you guys to just get free drivers is just not worth it...." she commented, her pitch and volume lowered, and tone completely aloof, making the dry remark come out as more sarcastic. 

"wow ishita, you just received a standing ovation from my middle finger for that..." commented the driver, returning the sarcasm.

"aww, dushyant, seeing those from you soothes my heart, you know.." made ishita even more of a mockery of this ludicrous to begin with argument. 

"i'm confused about why i thought this would be fun..." stated the man on the passenger's seat. 

"when are you never confused, kavin!" exclaimed purvi, just done with him for real at this moment. 

"fuck you, purvi!" exclaimed kavin, done with her too, as a silence of annoyance filled the car. 

                                                                 ***