chapter 2

8 years later....

ishita returned home, placing her son's bag on the couch, as he stormed off to his room, banging the door shut. She sighed in utter exasperation, feeling like things were completely going out of control. She sat down, facepalming herself, while she pondered on what to do next. 

Her sight fell on the closed door of her son's room, as she got up, making her way to the door, only to end up leaning over it from the side, as she knocked lightly, looking down on the floor in sorrow. 

"kartik...." she called softly, as no response came from the other side of the door, making her only more sad. 

"bache, i know tum yeh sab kyun kar rahe ho....i understand ki waqt tumhare liye bahaut difficult hai....i mean, it has been anything but easy for mumma too na?" confessed ishita in a chocked up voice, holding back tears, resting her head on the door, holding onto it, hoping for any response. 

"but beta, what you are doing is not right...aisi situation mein gussa aana fair hai, but iss tarah ladaai karke kisi aur se, woh bhi bewaja, that's not right..." attempted ishita to get through him,  starting to get more stern and serious in her tone, as she stopped leaning over the door and stood straight, her hand still unable to let go of the door, but with only silence in response, she eventually let go. 

she caught one last glimpse of it, before turning to walk away, when to her surprise, the door opened. she turned back, astonished, only to find her little boy standing in front of her, with a pouty face, which was anything but surprising for the 5 year old.

She gave him a stern glare, still a little emotional though, as he was about to open his mouth to say something finally. 

"maine bewaja ladai nahi ki....woh ladke bol rahe the ki papa ne jaise aapko chod diya aap bhi mujhe chodke chali jaogi..." revealed the boy, as ishita just let out a sigh of disappointment, bending down on her knees so that she could face him while talking now. 

"main kabhi nahi chodke jaungi aapko....kyunki hum hamesha family rahenge...papa ho ya naa ho..." stated ishita lovingly, as she cupped his face, nodding asking for his assurance, to which he nodded in agreement, after which she squeezed him in a tight hug. 

But it was very evident, this was her rock bottom. 

                                                                     ***

Kavin sat in what seemed like the large conference room of an office in a skyscraper. The moroseness and melancholy was oozing through his nearly moist eyes, his head down in disappointment, while a man in a suit sat beside him, going through some papers and deliberating with another man sitting on the opposite end of him of the same table, while he had his papers and notes ready too, only for a lady in her late 20s to be sitting beside him. Kavin's glare, when it did eventually fall on her, was of cruel resentment, compounded by pure fury. 

"so meri client inke ghar ki sale ke 50% proceeds ki rightful owner hai, not to mention all the furniture items, joh inhone apne paison se liya tha..." read out the man, as the women was clearly not spiteful but still vengeful, and like him, resentful and bitter. 

"theek hai, but phir TV, fridge, microwave, oven aur dishwasher par claim mere client ka banta hai..." stated the man in return, as the lady's lawyer looked over to her for her agreement, as she looked at kavin with petty anger, while nodding for her eventual yes. 

"agreed. Baaki Ms. Sana Kumari alimony bhi demand kar rahi hai, of 50000 per month, since Mr. Kavin Sethi has caused her intense emotional and mental damage in this marriage, and also compensating for the significant loss of income for her that has come from it, due to how terribly it has affected her performance at work." stated her lawyer, while kavin plainly shook his head in no to the claim, baffling Sana.