Y5 | Delia Donahue

"You may find this unintelligent or absolutely, entirely, positively stupid. But contrary to popular belief, let it be known that the system of "muggle inferiority" is perfectly and utterly repulsive. One could even call it distasteful. Simply stating, it is truly heinous, and that's me being generous. The Witches and Wizards who uphold this system are adhering to bigotry and think of themselves as supercilious. Contrary to those in our community, I find these egotistical, snobs to be, and I quote, "iniquitous and corrupt" (Donahue, 1927).

"Delia."

Delia's green eyes peered up from the dinner that lay untouched in front of her.

"Simple question and please, save the sarcasm." James Donahue looked his daughter straight in the eyes. " Do you want to get kicked out of Hogwarts?"

"Well, you see, to get kicked out of Hogwarts that means they have to see my articles which means they're reading the truth which means maybe they'd open their eyes to the injustices surrounding all of-"

"Look, I know you're a great writer and I know what you want people to believe but there's a right way and a right time to do it. " Her dad glared at her with the hope that she would understand

Delia, a 5th-year Ravenclaw, was never one to care about politics but with the rise of Grindelwald and his ideological ways, motivated by his anti-Muggle feelings, she felt the need to help the present before it could affect the future.

"I for one think what she wrote and published was none other than the truth." Evelyn Donahue stated as she strode into the room.

Delia had always admired her mom's sense of determination to answer the call of justice.

'I'm not saying I disagree with her, but such a statement coming from a 5th year at Hogwarts could call a lot of attention to our family name. Need I remind you, attention we do not need after the past events of this summer."

Referring to the intense stances Delia had taken that summer protesting against the rise in pure-blood superiority and muggle inferiority, she blocked out the conversation before she could receive another lecture.

Her goal was simple. Publish enough truth to make the public bat an eye towards the bigger problem growing behind the scenes.

Delia sat with her palm to the side of her face patiently waiting for her mom and dad to get so caught up in conversation that she could sneak up to her bedroom when she noticed a small owl just past her kitchen window.

She met the brown owl's eyes when she noticed a small parchment held by its beak. She slowly backed away from her parent's conversation to push open the glass panes above her kitchen sink.

"Good day to you sir, how may I help you?" She reached her arms out as the owl dropped the small letter into the palm of her hand. In an instant, the letter revealed itself to be a letter from none other than the personnel at the Ministry of Magic.

"You have got to be kidding me."

She turned around once more and begged the owl to put her out of her misery, but the owl simply hooted and flew away.

Her attempt at fleeing the scene before the letter announced its presence was deemed a failure. Within seconds of entering the Donahue's kitchen, the letter spoke up in an old voice that resembled the grimy minister of magic.

Dear Miss Donahue,

We have received intelligence that you are and have been acting out in politically unacceptable terms as of the past few months. We understand that your intent is to transform or replace the fundamental principles of our society or political system.