Chapter 051 - Dead Cruise [05]

Xu Lian is dead. This seemingly shrewd and capable white-collar worker underestimated the selfishness of human nature.

She really believed it when everyone said they should help each other and work together to clear the game.

In the past few days getting along day and night in adversity, these people gave her illusions. An illusion that they can help each other, especially when time is getting tighter and the current environment is getting worse and worse. The excessive fear in her heart made her anxious. She makes a risky move, and also a wrong one.

When the ghost's hand grabbed her chest, she could even feel her beating heart being squeezed bit by bit by that skinny and cold hand. But she took more notice of You Chang who ran away directly without looking back.

At the moment when she closed her eyes, she was no longer afraid, and there was even a sliver of relief. The last thought that came to her mind was, the way of heaven is reincarnation, and heaven will spare no one.

-

You Chang returned downstairs with a shocked look. When the other players who were waiting anxiously saw him, they immediately ran towards him: "How is it? Has the matter been resolved?"

Under the expectant eyes of everyone, You Chang shake his head. Qiu Tian noticed that You Chang came down alone, and frowned: "Where's Xu Lian?"

Everyone was surprised that there was one less person, and asked quickly. You Chang took a breath and said: "The timing of the attack wrong, we were too nervous. We didn't notice that besides the pathogen, another person was locked up."

Zhang Ning looked at You Chang with a stern look: "And then? What about Xu Lian?"

You Chang glanced at them, with a look of grief on his face: "Originally we succeeded in getting close to the pathogen according to the plan, and Xu Lian did succeed, but the It in this game is not the pathogen. After that person was killed, she turned into a fierce ghost almost instantly.

"Holding the talisman and standing guard at the side, my first reaction at that time was to stick it to the ghost, then we would had a chance to run away. But we didn't expect that the act of killing people stimulated the man who was locked into that room. The appearance of that man changed at that time, and he rushed towards us.

"I ran out in a hurry and found that Xu Lian hadn't followed. Looking back, Xu Lian was already captured by that man. Pressed on the ground, the whole heart was pulled out."

Cui Ting's feet were weak, and she almost sat down on the ground. Zhang Ning and Qiu Tian's expressions were very ugly, and they even looked at You Chang with suspicion.

But Huang Ruifeng and that purple-haired Liu Ming's attention was not on the dead Xu Lian, but on the talisman: "That is to say, you did use that talisman? We won't have a second chance to try?"

You Chang nodded with a serious expression: "My ghost energy value cannot be exchanged for the second talisman."

Qiu Tian: "Killing people in front of others will stimulate them, and will also tear off the disguise of the living people and turn them into ghosts?"

You Chang shook his head: "I don't know. This is the first time this has happened. In other instances before, no player killed in public, unless he was very sure that the person was It. And the moment he killed It, the Ghost Domain will disappear."

He said some things half-truthfully, which made it more convincing.

Huang Ruifeng asked in a panic: "You used a talisman to deal with a ghost, what about the other one? Will he chase us down and kill us?"