Oᖴ ᗰᗴᑎ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗩᑎᘜᗴᒪՏ

Magnus’ Apartment – Living Room

Magnus opened the door and led the way for Alyssa and Simon to carry Luke inside with Clary following.
“What happened?” He asked.
“He was attacked.” Simon said.
“He challenged Theo and fought him.” Alyssa said. Luke groaned softly in pain making Alyssa worry more. “Magnus, he needs you.” Magnus laid a white sheet over the couch and gestured for them to bring Luke over.
“Put him here.” Alyssa and Simon carried Luke over and laid him down on the couch. Luke started muttering as if trapped within a dream of sorts.
“Where are you? I can’t find you. Where are…where are you?” Clary knelt down and tried to comfort him. “Jocelyn! Jocelyn!” He called out, thrashing on the couch.
“No, Luke, it’s Clary.” She said, taking his hand in hers. Luke opened his eyes slightly as he panted and looked at Clary.
“You have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case…” He tried to say.
“No, don’t even say it, don’t.” Clary said, tears in her eyes.
“No, listen to me.” Luke insisted.
“Luke.”
“No, you need to know. Listen…” He tried to say again but fell back onto the couch, slipping in and out of consciousness.
“Magnus.” Alyssa said, her voice laced with evident worry.
“Was he bitten by an alpha?” Magnus asked.
“Yes, why?” Simon asked. Magnus backed up and counted back from three then Luke’s body shot up with his eyes wide open and glowing green. He lets out a loud growl then falls back to the couch and begins to thrash around.
“Oh my God.” Clary gasped. Alyssa moved to hold him down and Clary helped her, Alyssa’s superior strength being a great help. Magnus walked away.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Simon asked.
“Help them hold him down.” Magnus said, walking out of the room. Simon did as asked just as Magnus ran back into the room with some items including a piece of bark. “We don’t have a lot of time.” He put the bark into Luke’s mouth and Luke reflexively bit down on it, still in pain. “It’ll take a few moments to take effect.”
“What’s happening to him?” Clary asked.
“Random werewolf transformation. It’s a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite.” Magnus explained. Luke’s body began to calm then. He stopped writhing and thrashing around and finally settled into unconsciousness.
Magnus noticed the anxious state of Alyssa and moved to place a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him with a grateful smile and he returned it before walking away to gather more items. She paid no mind to the quiet conversation Clary and Simon were having, her eyes focused on Luke’s prone form on the couch. After sometime, she got up to pace around slowly. Magnus walked in with more items and set them on a work table. “The bark will stop the transformation for now but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system. And I don’t have all the ingredients here.” Clary got up immediately.
“Just tell me what you need and how to get it.” She said.
“No, you stay here.” Magnus said. Clary looked ready to protest. “Luke will need you if he wakes up.”
“When he wakes up.” Alyssa and Clary corrected simultaneously. Magnus gave the older girl a sympathetic look.
“What do you need? I’ll…” Alyssa began to say but she was cut off by both Simon and Jace who had just walked in with a bloody nose.
“I’ll go.” Both boys said.
“What happened?” Alyssa asked, stepping close to him. She grabbed a paper napkin from a table and handed it to him.
“I’m fine. Luke’s car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it.” Jace answered.
“You crashed the car? I don’t even know why I’m surprised.” Alyssa said, shaking her head and rolling her eyes.
“I don’t do mundane driving, ok.” Jace said.
“Uh-huh.”
“Yeah, apparently.” Simon said with a scoff. Jace glared at him then turned to Magnus.
“What do you need for the antidote?” He asked. Simon glared at the blond shadowhunter and stepped toward him.
“Hey, I got this.” He said. Alyssa rolled her eyes, getting annoyed with his need to please and impress Clary even in a dire situation like this.
“Magnus?” Alyssa prompted.
“Phoenix eyes, moon salt and Idris fulgurite.” Magnus said, looking to Jace and Alyssa who both nodded. Simon shrugged.
“One trip to the pharmacy. It’ll take like two seconds.” He said, moving to walk past Jace who grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
“I know a guy, uh…and I don’t need him.” Jace said, pointing to Simon. Magnus just walked away to get more.
“Too bad. You’re getting me.” He said with a glare. This set Alyssa, who had been holding in her anger, anxiety and frustration, off. She turned and pushed Simon back harshly.
“You are really trying my last nerve, mundane. You think this is a joke? This isn’t about you stupid ego or constant need to please and impress Clarissa. I don’t care about it and I certainly don’t care about your one-sided rivalry with Jace. I am not about to lose someone dear to me because of your stupidity. Do you understand me?” She all but growled at him. Simon looked at her with wide eyes. Jace placed a hand on her back, which calmed her slightly.
“Hey, calm down. It’s gonna be alright.” He said, pulling her to him.
“One more thing.” Magnus said, entering the room. “You can’t go with them, biscuit. I need you and I need Alexander too.” Jace looked to him in confusion.
“Why do you need Alec and Lyssa?”
“Virgin Shadowhunter energy. And Alyssa, because I need your blood for the antidote at a certain stage.”
“Why and why can’t I just give it and go?”
“I think you know the answer to the first question and for the second, you’re not fine. Your mind is not clear and your emotions are all over. You need to stay here and calm down.” Alyssa sighed and nodded. Jace rubbed her arm and kissed her forehead.
“We’ll be back soon, okay?” He said. Alyssa nodded and kissed him lightly. He smiled at her then to grab Simon by the shirt. “Just don’t speak to me.” He said, then dragged him out as he left.