ᗰOO Տᕼᑌ TO ᘜO

The Institute - Jace's Room
Next Day
Alyssa woke up the next morning feeling a little disoriented. She tried to sit up but immediately regretted it when she felt a sharp pain go through her head. She groaned and put her hand to her head, closed her eyes and sat up more to lean against the headboard. She slowly opened her eyes and scanned the room she was in. She realized then that she wasn't in her room at Magnus'. Her eyes darted round trying to find anything familiar.

"Hey." She heard from the doorway. She turned to see Jace standing there, dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and a grey hoodie, with a glass of water in one hand and his stele in the other. He moved close and sat beside her on the bed. She moved a little to give him more space to sit.

"Hey."

"How do you feel?"

"Fine, if you don't count the splitting headache I woke up with."

"Here, drink." Jace said, giving her the glass of water. She took it with a grateful smile and drank it all then leaned back against the headboard. He held up the stele and she shook her head.

"It's okay. It will pass." She looked down and noticed that her clothes had been changed. "Who changed my clothes?"

"Must have been Izzy or Clary or both. Can't be sure since I was just as unconscious as you were when they brought us back to the Institute." Jace answered.

"Right. Sorry. How long have you been up?" She said, sitting upright.

"A little while. I spent most of the time, laying down and trying to adjust to the new memories I got from you." Alyssa nodded and looked round. "I was also watching you sleep." Her head snapped back to look at him. "You look peaceful and innocent in your sleep."

"I am peaceful and innocent." Alyssa said, giving him an innocent look. Jace snorted at that and gave her a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, years worth of memories says otherwise. You're not fooling anyone."

"You're one to talk, mister. Your memories show you as quite the player back in the day." Alyssa said with a smirk. She wasn't bothered that he'd fooled around with girls in his past. It was in the past. What mattered to her was what he did from now and in the future and her thoughts told him just that which allowed him to be teasing and playful and to joke about it.

"Hey, not my fault the ladies couldn't resist my good charms and handsome face." Alyssa gave him a look and nodded sarcastically.

"Mmhmm...keep telling yourself that." Jace smirked at her and leaned forward to peck her lips. She smiled and pecked him back. "So, where's your mark?" Alyssa asked. Jace pulled the zipper on his hoodie down a bit and pulled down the unzippered part just enough for her to see the rune on his chest, just above his heart. Alyssa moved closer, sat pn the back of her legs and placed her hand on the rune, lightly tracing it. The action had Jace inhaling lightly.

"Where's yours?" Alyssa smirked and looked up at him, placing her arms around his neck and raised herself on her knees. Jace placed an arm around her waist to pull her to him.

"Probably in the same spot as yours but you're not gonna see it until you earn the right to get underneath my clothes."

"Hmm...and when will that be?"

"Play your cards right and you will see." She said, kissing him lightly then pulled away. "You know, it's sort of weird. We've only known each other since yesterday and it's like we've been together a long time, especially now that Magnus removed the memory block and the concealment spell."