ᗰᗩᒪᗴᑕ

Institute – Training Room

Alyssa sighed as she finished wrapping her hand with a hand boxing wrap. She looked exhausted but she was still using her stamina rune to ward away her tiredness. It’s been a few days since her trial, since Jace and Clary returned with the Cup and since Jace had spoken to her. He was rarely ever in the same room as her, often leaving just as she entered. It was all hurting Alyssa but she said nothing.
Right now, she was about working out like she had been for the past few days. She took off her tank top leaving her in just her sports bra and pants then began to work out her frustrations on the punching bag in front of her.
She worked out for a while till she felt the presence of someone in the room. Taking in a subtle breath, she identified the person as Clary. She let out a breath and hit the bag one last time, then caught it as it swung back, steadying it and leaned her forehead against it.
“Clary.” The girl in question was startled that her sister could tell she was the one since she hadn’t turned since she entered.
“Hey. Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your training.”
“It’s okay. I needed a break anyway.” She said, moving away from the punching bag and grabbing her water bottle. “What’s up?” She asked, taking a drink from her water bottle. Clary studied her as she did this, taking in how she looked.
“Are you okay? You look exhausted.” Alyssa shrugged at her and took another sip from her water bottle.
“I’ve been better but I’m fine. What about you? Is Jocelyn okay?” Clary looked at her, surprised that she was asking about Jocelyn.
“Yeah, I think so. I mean she’s still under the sleeping spell.”
“And unfortunately only the warlock who helped her with the potion will know how to wake her up.” Clary tilted her head wondering how she knew. “I picked up a few things from living with Magnus for 12 years. I know a thing or two about certain spells and what it takes to remove them. But hey, I guess you’re glad to have her back safe and sound now, even though she’s not awake.”
“Yeah, I guess.” An awkward silence ensued between them. Alyssa looked at her sister, noticing her body language.
“What is it? You want to say something but you’re not sure how to say it. Spit it out.” Clary took in a deep breath.
“I don’t know if Jace told you about the other dimension.”
“He did, vaguely. He couldn’t tell me much since he wasn’t there for long. From what I heard, you’re the one that was in there for a long time.”
“I was. And I know you said you didn’t want to hear it, but I really am sorry for how I’ve acted towards you ever since we found each other again. I accused you wrongly of things without even trying to see the truth in them. I just…”
“You didn’t want to believe that everything I said about Jocelyn was true.”
“Yeah, but I realized that I was wrong. What I saw in the other dimension proved everything you’d said about how mom acted towards you. And I’m sorry for everything I said about you not caring and for throwing all those accusations against you.” Alyssa looked at her, searching her eyes and expression.
“It’s okay. I understand your reaction. It hurt but I understand. The thing is Clary, you were always Jocelyn’s baby girl. She always cared for you more than she did me. She may have done all that she needed to do as a mother for me but it was like being in a foster home. She fed me, made sure I was clothed and had somewhere to sleep. But what I didn’t have or ever get was her love. I grew up not knowing the love of a mother. My dad was the only one who was ever there for me while I still lived with you both. You on the other hand got all the love and care you needed from her and my dad. So you should understand why I don’t feel anything towards Jocelyn and her current condition. I do however care about you and my dad, which is why I’m willing to help you wake her up. To me, she will always be your mother and the woman my dad loves but that’s it.”
“I understand and I’m grateful. You’re my big sister and growing up, I always wondered where you were. There were times when I want you, when I needed a big sister but because of what mom told me and got me to believe, I began to resent you, for not being there when I needed you. But I don’t want to do that anymore. Right now, I need my big sister, more than ever and I’m hoping I haven’t damaged our already fragile relationship.” Alyssa smiled at her and shook her head.
“Clary, you’re always gonna be my little sister and I’m always gonna be there for you.” Clary smiled back at her with tears in her eyes.
“Can I hug you?” Alyssa smiled once more and opened her arms for Clary to step in which she did and embraced her. Just then a female Shadowhunter poked her through the door of the training room.
“Alyssa.” She noticed Clary there too. “Oh, Clary, good, you’re here too.” The sisters parted from their hug and looked towards her. “Magnus just arrived. Jace is meeting him in the ops center and asked me to get you two.”
“Ok, thanks.” Alyssa said then turned to Clary as she grabbed her tank top from the ground. “Magnus is here?” she asked, slipping her tank top on and picking up her water bottle as the two headed out.
“Yeah, he’s here to help us narrow down the number of warlocks that could have given my mom the sleeping potion. I thought Jace would tell you.” Alyssa pushed aside that slight ache that appeared in her chest at the mention of Jace.
“He didn’t.” The two sisters said nothing else as they walked down to the ops center.