The Bloodwyrm

116 A.C

Three moons after Alyssa was informed of her father's imminent return to King's Landing, a boat and a dragon came into view of the Red Keep.

The huge, slender, red dragon looked like no other, with a long snake-like neck, and small hind legs, its deep crimson colour shone in the early morning sun.

Only one dragon looked even remotely like that. Caraxes.

Daemon was here.

Alyssa herself did not see his arrival, she was too busy with getting acquainted with how to be a Lady, how to rule lands and govern, and, surprisingly, Otto Hightower had been an immense help in this.

"And so the best way to strengthen your rule in Runestone my lady, would be to secure a match with another Valeman house, such as House Hunter, for either your son Rhaegar, or daughter Daena." Otto advised.

Alyssa furrowed her brow. She knew he was right, but the children were only 6 and 5, and she wanted them to find matches for themselves, and fall in love for themselves.

"Yes, I believe you are right lord Otto, I will send some ravens to houses Hunter, Waynwood and Corbray and see what they have to offer." Alyssa replied.

"It would also be an idea to visit Runestone after the Princess' wedding, to show that you are the one who rules, and quash out any rebellion that may be brewing." Otto suggested.

"Gods, it's been nearly 10 years since I went to that place, I'm not sure it will ever feel the same now my dear mother has passed." Alyssa replied, sighing.

There was a quick, solid knock at the door, that sounded like the dropping of marbles onto stone.

"Enter." Otto stated.

Queen Alicent and ser Criston Cole of the kingsguard entered the room, they looked to Otto and then to Alyssa, who had looked up from her paperwork for a split second.

She didn't like Alicent, but she believed Criston to be a respectable, decent man, and would often see him training fellow Kingsguard in the yard, and he had also recently taught Rhaegar the basics of how to use a sword.

"A ship bearing the Targaryen dragon has been spotted just off the harbour princess." Criston stated.

"And? What of it? All of the royal fleet's boats bear that marking." Alyssa questioned.

"Well, that's not all that has been spotted, princess." Criston remarked.

"What else then?"

He hesitated for a second. Criston knew what the princess' reaction would be after she heard what he had seen, just who had seen.

"Caraxes, and your father, Prince Daemon." Criston said, seriousness in his tone.

Alyssa's head bolted up from her papers, and she walked over to Ser Criston, staring him straight in the eyes.

She knew he was telling the truth.

She looked at Otto who gave her a slight nod and she motioned for him and Criston to come with her. She would have asked Alicent to come too but she could not put up with Alicent and Daemon being cunts at the same time.

They walked towards the gardens of the Red Keep, trying to get a view on the boat and approaching dragon.

She may have disliked her father at this moment, but Caraxes was a sight to see.

"What time did you spot this Ser Criston, how long do you think it will be unti-"

She was cut off by a loud squeaking, clicking and a rush of air as Caraxes flew over the gardens of the Red Keep.