Chapter 12

Sienna sat stone faced, arms crossed tightly across her chest. Four months had passed and she still felt the same as she did that night. Her father showed another side of himself, a side she never knew existed, and now that she did Sienna had no clue how to feel about him.

David used to be her example. The perfect father and gentleman, but the way he spoke to Sienna that night, she didn't know that man and didn't care to.

"Si Si," David called out with open arms. In true Cambridge fashion he had clearly stopped by his tailor before heading home, but the barbershop was long overdue. "Don't be like that with me baby girl. Daddy would never purposely hurt you. You are my ONLY daughter Sienna. Forgive me for losing my head."

Sienna nodded in understanding as she walked into her father's open arms. She had a lot of time to think and after countless conversations with her mom, brothers, and Slick, Sienna was ready to lay her ill feelings to rest. The truth of the matter was David reacted how any father would, Sienna could no longer fault him for that.

David breathed a sigh of relief as he held his Babygirl tightly. The thought of Sienna hating him had kept David awake many nights. Kissing the top of Sienna's head, he turned his attention towards Sahara.

"Love," He called out to her. Sahara shook her head as she quickly swiped away a lone tear. She had done enough crying.

David Cambridge wouldn't get another tear from her.

Anger.

That's all Sahara felt at the moment. Of course she was happy to have her husband home, but to witness him standing here without so much as a phone call, or explanation, was further proving that David was not the man she assumed him to be.

"We'll speak later David," Sahara spoke sternly. "I just had to see it for myself." With that she headed towards the stairs and made her way up to their bedroom.

David sighed heavily, looking down at Sienna, "Do me a favor Babygirl. Call up Saul and ask him to make time for dinner tonight. I want to do something special for your mom." He referenced their personal chef. Sahara loved Saul's cooking.

Knowing that Sahara wouldn't be up for that, Sienna tried warning her father. "You sure that's a good idea? I mean, it's a nice gesture, but don't you think you owe mommy some alone time to sort through whatever this is between the two of you?"

David couldn't help but smile at his baby girl's words. That's the Sienna he knew. Level headed, always the smartest, but quietest in the room. It was crazy she was the one giving him sound advice.

"I'm gone a few months and you're outthinking me now, what is this?" David joked. "I'm kidding baby girl. You are absolutely right. You know me, I can't take when my girls are upset with me."

Sienna shot him a small smile. "It'll all work itself out. In the meantime, I grabbed your favorite drink for you." She walked over to the bar and grabbed the bottle of Louis XIII cognac handing it over to her father.

"Sienna," David smiled. "That's why you're my favorite. Just don't tell the others." He joked, kissing her forehead. "Thank you baby. I need this."

Osiris and Dash came walking in putting an end to the impromptu father, daughter moment.

"Boy I swear, you ain't gon never change. Did you escape, anything we need to be aware of?" Dash seethed, his face burned with aggression.

David chuckled passively, stroking his rough beard. Walking over to his bar, he called out, "Sienna, give me a moment alone with your brothers, please."

Sienna nodded, already knowing where this was headed, and she wasn't in the mood. No matter what day it was, if David and Dash were in the same room, there was sure to be an argument. She hugged both her brothers before jogging up the steps to check on her mother.