33: her letter ♡ | FINAL.

[ After 3 years ]

Sunghoon dressed himself in a suit, wearing a hint of cologne, preparing to go somewhere important today. His phone suddenly rang, he picked it up. "Bro, don't be late. Jake will be here soon," Jay said through the phone call.

It seemed that the three of them had become close friends. "I still have an hour. Why are we rushing?" Sunghoon replied in an annoyed tone. "Because you're always late, you idiot."

"Fine, don't worry. I'll arrive earlier than both of you today. But don't be mad if I'm still late. I'm going to see her first," Sunghoon responded. "You're meeting her again? You've been meeting her on other days too."

"Today is our anniversary, and I'm going to bring her flowers." said him while looking at the flower. "Tch, do whatever you want. She's your girl, after all." Jay ended the call. Their bickering was normal, but it was clear they were close.

•••

Sunghoon bought a white tulip and went to visit Miwon as today is such important day for both of them. "Happy anniversary Miwon, I bought a flower for you," he said and placing the flower on her grave.

"You were always the one who reminded me of our anniversary. Now it's my turn," Sunghoon spoke softly in front of her grave. After Miwon passed away, Sunghoon had a hard time continuing his life. He gave up everything, including his skate career, and locked himself in the house for a long time. He blamed himself and almost take his own life.

Fortunately, Jay was there to help him. Moving on was a challenging journey for him, moving on from someone that already passed away, that is something the pain can't even being explain when you can't see them in person anymore.

Now, Sunghoon has taken over Miwon's company. He was stunned when he discovered that she had entrusted everything to him. Sunghoon now lives a normal life, but he still misses her dearly. No one can replace her in his heart.

He tenderly cleans her grave while put on a pure smile on his face. "Wait for me there, my Prada girl. You can finally rest well," he whispers as he touches the gravestone. He then takes an envelope containing a letter. Jay had given him the letter when Sunghoon was at his lowest point, contemplating taking his own life.

"This letter has kept me alive. If only you were here with me," he says, as if speaking to her in that moment. Sunghoon reads the letter once again, finding solace in the words she had written.

______________________________

8 December 20xx

To my one and only sources of happiness, Park Sunghoon.

I'm writing this letter despite the struggles I face in my life. I'm certain that you will read this letter when I am no longer here beside you.

I want to apologize for leaving you, love. My condition has forced me to make this decision. I don't want to burden you with the pain I am suffer right now. I have been diagnosed with brain cancer for the past 5 years. I believed I could survive that time, which is why I wanted to mend our relationship. If only I had known that I can't make it, I wouldn't have persuaded you to be with me when you tried to leave.

Sunghoon, when I am no longer here, please find happiness for yourself. I know you will lose hope, but I want to see you become a successful person. I don't want others to underestimate you because I know you are more than what they see. You are capable of achieving great things in this world. Show them how amazing you are. I have entrusted all my belongings to you because I believe you will take care of them just how you take care of me.

Thank you for all the love you have given me. I still remember how my world transformed for the better when you saved me from my darkest moments. I started living life to the fullest simply because of you.

Unfortunately, my time in this world is not long. However, I am grateful that I am the one who go first because I know I wouldn't be able to survive without you if it were the other way around.

I love you, my beloved Sunghoon.

Forever yours,
- Jang Miwon.

______________________________

"Miwon, I regret that I couldn't express my true feelings towards you. But I really want you to know that I love you so much sincerely," said Sunghoon through tears. "You did everything for me, but I never appreciated it," he said, filled with regret.

"I hope in another life, you don't meet someone like me."

•••

"Hey, sorry for being late," Sunghoon approached Jay and Jake happily without feeling guilty for being an hour late. "It's one hour, Sunghoon. That's the worst record so far, you being late," replied Jay with an annoyed expression.

"Well, Sunghoon, it's okay to be late," said Jake, being understanding. "See, Jake is fine with it. Why can't you?" Sunghoon retorted to Jay. Jay rolled his eyes in annoyed. "Nevermind, let's proceed with the project," Jay suggested.

The three of them collaborated on a major project. They had gained fame as three young CEOs. Despite their popularity among girls, Sunghoon was approached many times but he still had Miwon on his mind. Miwon, a strong, rich, and independent woman who he knew could never be replaced.

After finishing their discussion, they started talking casually about their daily lives. "Sunghoon, I know this one girl who's famous. Why don't you approach her?" Jake asked. "Oh, never mind. I'm not interested," Sunghoon replied awkwardly, laughing it off.

"Why? Are you still unable to move on from her?" Jake inquired. Sunghoon just smiled and nodded. "Jake, you know no one can replace her in his heart. Stop asking him to approach someone else," Jay intervened, trying to make Sunghoon feel more comfortable.

"Fine, I understand," Jake conceded. Even after countless years, he could never forget her.

Jang Miwon was the only one for him.

-- END --

Thank you for read my fanfic till the end. I'm sorry if the ending of this fanfic leaving you disappointed and any others feeling, I tried my best to finish up this fanfic since it was my first fanfic. Hope you guys show more love toward my others fanfic too. Love you ! ♡