18: reveal himself ♡

Jay stormed back to his home with anger as he witnessed the 'kissing' scene before. He entered the password for his house and turned on the light switch. "Long time no see, my son," a middle-aged man suddenly talking to Jay while sitting on the sofa.

"What are you doing here? This is my house," Jay said, his gaze turn cold after seeing his father. He was in no mood after what had happened earlier. "Come to my company tomorrow. I want you to take over the CEO position," his father said.

"I don't know what part you find hard to understand, but I don't want to be the CEO of your company!" he shouted. "I'm tired of your demands! Stop ordering me around to do what you want!"

"Now get out of my house, you bastard!" Jay let out his anger to his father, unable to hold it in any longer as his father continued to force him. He was about to head into his bedroom when suddenly, his father spoke again.

"I know about your relationship with her," his father said. Jay stopped in his tracks. "Are you seriously being her bodyguard?" his father asked, he showing him several pictures of Miwon with Jay. Jay let out a sigh when his father find out. "It's none of your business."

"Is that so? Does she knows that you're the son of the biggest company holder and one of the enemies of her company?" his father smirked. Jay couldn't say anything because he obviously lying what his status to her.

"Choose for yourself. Do you want to expose yourself or have your identity revealed?" his father asked, leaving him got no choice. "Don't forget to come tomorrow, or I'll expose you to her."

•••

"Where is he? Did he forget his job or something?" Miwon wondered, waiting for Jay to arrive to pick her up. He usually arrived on time or sometimes even early but today, he's not even inform her anything.

"Please, I have an important meeting today, Jongseong. Is he running late?" she fretted. "Nevermind, I'll wait for a few minutes," Miwon decided to give him chance.

She waited for Jay while thinking that perhaps something had happened to make him late. She texted and called him, but he didn't reply and turned off his phone. "Where are you, Bodyguard Jong?" Miwon couldn't stay still because she was afraid of being late for the crucial meeting.

Suddenly, she saw a car approaching her house. "Miwon, sorry I'm late," Sunghoon said as he stepped out of the car. Miwon was stunned to see Sunghoon, but she still managed to get into his car without asking.

"How did you know that I..." Miwon began as she already inside the car. "Your bodyguard told me," Sunghoon replied, referring to Jay. "So you guys get along well," Miwon remarked.

"Shut up and let me focus the drive so that we can arrive early," Sunghoon snapped her because he doesn't want Miwon to mention Jay's name even though they had a chance to get along well.

Miwon kept herself quiet after that but she couldn't help but feel curious. Why hadn't Jay come as usual? Did he knows that she and Sunghoon had gotten back together? That's why he's step back?

•••

"Ms. Jang, I'm glad you arrived five minutes early," Miwon's personal assistant said in relief with a slightly worried expression. "Yeah, thank goodness. Have all the CEOs of the companies arrived?" Miwon asked.

"Yes, they're all here already. They're waiting for you in the meeting room," her assistant replied. Miwon checked her appearance before entering the meeting room.

It was her first time held a meeting for all the big company holders since her father had passed away. As soon as she entered, she introduced herself.

"As you all know, I'm Jang Miwon. The one and only daughter of Mr. Jang. I have taken his position after his passing away, and I'm now the leader of all these major companies," she said confidently. Miwon's eyes scanned the room, searching for someone in particular.

"Can I know where Mr. Park is? It looks like he is not here," Miwon asked to others CEO. "I'm here," Jay entered the room suddenly and stated, "I'm Park Jongseong, known as JAY. I am Mr. Park's one and only son and will taking his position soon."

Miwon looked at him with a bit of shock but still managed to remain calm. Everyone in the room exchanged glances and whispered to each other, realizing they were unaware of this information that Mr Park had a son.

-

thanks for voting!