7. Aria

"M-Malia...what are you doing...?" Rurik shakily asked me, his chest still rising and falling rapidly.

What am I doing?

I haven't had sex in over 3 years. And I have very few pleasant memories of it. But what I remembered vividly was that it had happened way too frequently. In fact, I'm pretty sure the amount of sex I had during my 3 months of marriage was probably what the average married couple had in 3 years of marriage.

But that was only part of the reason I'd never been interested in sex with Rurik before.

The other part was because what Alessandro had told me all those years ago, drilled into my head...maybe it was true.

Maybe he actually owned me.

It was humiliating to admit to myself, but I still felt like I'd get in trouble if I ever took things too far with Rurik. I knew he was kind and trustworthy a long time ago. And I did have some pretty serious trust issues, but part of that stemmed from fear.

Not fear of Rurik, but of Alessandro.

Somehow, I felt like he'd know if another man ever tried to use one of his "favorite holes."

Gross. Ugh. I need to stop calling them that.

Therapy had been extremely helpful in getting me to move on and remind myself that I was my own person: An independent woman who couldn't ever be owned.

But this felt like the final step. If I went here with Rurik, maybe I'd really be free. Alessandro would no longer be able to claim that he was the first and only one to use my body. If he showed up tomorrow, immediately tied my hands and bent me over the bed, attempting to breed me for the next month...there would still be that delicious sliver of doubt that maybe the child wouldn't be his.

Hypothetically, of course. I have an IUD now.

But still. Normally, the thought of not knowing who the baby's father would be humiliating, but if that happened now...

Ok it would still be humiliating...

But also hilarious.

Watching Alessandro obsess over whose child it was until we could do a paternity test would probably be worth the punishments I'm sure he'd inflict on me for daring to sleep with someone else.

So yeah. I'd made up my mind.

This is happening.

"Rurik, I've only ever had sex with one man. A horrible man who did not deserve me. And yes, he gave me Daniel...which I'm thankful for now. But he's been holding me back all this time. I love you! I know I do. And now I want to show you."

His eyes widened as I slowly started to unbuckle his belt with my shaky hands.

"No, baby. You were supposed to start over. That was one. Not two... This one is two." Alessandro reared his arm back and brought the belt down on my ass again.

I abruptly pulled my hands away from the belt, trying to forget about the punishments I used to receive from Alessandro's belts. I closed my eyes and focused on breathing calmly as I continued to unbuckle Rurik.

Once the belt was finally loose, I pulled it off of him and threw it as far away as I could, like it was poisoned. He was watching me with a puzzled expression on his face.

Yeah that was probably weird.

"Malia, you...don't have to do this. You don't have to prove anything..." he said kindly. I smiled down at him.