William

The name sounded a bit familiar, especially with that spelling. Interesting.

I went back to finishing up the rest of the drinks and heating the baked goods.

"Here's your order, Kym."

"It's not all for me. You said the chai was your favourite and I have two. Come, sit with me while I burn my paperwork and we entertain each other with a bit of conversation." I must have misheard the last portion. Probably a figure of speech for her to finish her paperwork. Although, the rest of her words were quite clear. It was an invitation, maybe a date? I shouldn't get ahead of myself, she had just made a joke about that.

"Sure. I left all my notes by the fire. We could sit there if you would like. I still have a couple of things I need to finish up but we could talk while we work, especially since you have a large stack of work." I pointed to the folder under her arm.

I made my way around the back of the counter and helped her carry the drinks and food to where I had set my work up earlier. I glanced at the fire as I set down the mugs. The fire looked like it was dying.

"I need to get some more kindling soon," I muttered. Kym glanced over before she made her way to the couch.

As Kym settled onto the couch next to me, I picked up a couple of notes, reading through them in preparation for the quiz that would be sure to occur soon in my class as a review for the previous lecture. I let out a sigh of exhaustion as I brought the chai up to my mouth, taking a small sip. Beside me, Kym had pulled out her folder and began dividing it into smaller piles.

Before I knew what was going on, a pile of her paperwork was in flames. She tossed page after page into the fire and devilishly watched the flames grow.

A/N: ahahaha....i forgot to post it

IM SORRY Y'ALL

I have no excuse, other than I have been sleepy and semester 2 just started (my math teacher is so pretentious and demeaning. It's really irritating-)

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!