"Do you have any baked goods with fruits? Or caramel?" I asked. The man at the counter paused to think as if cataloguing every baked good on the counter in his head.

"I do believe we have apple turnovers and caramel swirl muffins. They're right...there." He pointed towards a few confectionaries in the glass case.

"Perfect. I'll take two tea-teas and an apple turnover to stay, and one black coffee and a caramel muffin to go."

He chuckled at the joke before ringing up the total, and then went on to prepare everything. The soft hissing of the coffee machine flooded the otherwise silent cafe. I walked to the end of the counter where some of the pastries had begun to be brought out.

"So, what's your name?" The man looked a bit surprised as he poured the coffee into a takeaway cup, spilling a bit on his hand in the process.

"Me? I'm William Hawkes," He pointed to his nametag, "but most people either call me Hawkes or Will."

"Which name do you prefer?" He looked back up at me.

"I like Will better. Hawkes and William are a bit too formal for me." He returned to making the drinks, now prepping the cups for the chai tea, or "tea tea". He stopped what he was doing for a moment and peered up at me. "I didn't get your name."

"I'm Kym. K-Y-M." I smiled sweetly, spelling it out for him.  

A/N: actually remembered to post it today. 10/10 effort from me

Have a good day y'all!