Part 24

I smiled as she pulled away. I thought that what I had with her was gone. But apparently not.

"Now, what have you done to yourself?" She asked, looking down at my scratched up legs.

"I couldn't stay there," I shook my head.

"I assumed," she nodded.

She dug into her bag, pulling out some bandages and some sort of salve. She started bandaging up my legs. I'm not going to pretend like i knew what she did. Honestly i was half asleep when she did it.

"Here, change into this," she passed me a tunic and a pair of leggings.

She got up and started tending to our horses.

I stood up and walked behind some bushes and changed into them.

I walked back out, my ankle still in pain.

I sat back down where i was sitting, rubbing my ankle.

"Did you manage to injure your ankle to?" Maddie laughed, sitting down next to me.

"I guess," I shrugged, "Its not that bad."

"Let me look," She grabbed my ankle.

I let her, her skin warm against mine.

"There's not much you can do for that," she sat back down next to me, "just try not to use it to much."

"Alright," I nodded.

She laid her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes.

"I missed you," she whispered.

"I missed you to," 

I tucked her caramel brown hair behind her ears.

She tucked her knees into her chest, wrapping her arms around them. Her breath started to slow as she fell asleep.

I leaned back, letting myself fall asleep.