Part 23

I slowly climbed down the rope. I knew it wasn't long enough, but it was close. When I got to the end of the rope, i looked down. It was about 6 feet. 

I may break my ankle but there was no other choice. 

I let go of the rope letting myself fall into the the bushes below.

Thats when I realized that they were rose bushes. Thorns stabbed into my body, causing deep scratches in my legs.

I pulled myself up, and started to walk around. My ankle seemed to be a bit sprained but it wasn't that bad.

I walked over to the stables, taking a horse and riding it into the woods.

I rode until I found a river. I climbed off slowly, letting my horse drink from the river.

I sunk down at the base of a tree, glancing down at my legs. 

They were covered in scratches, blood covering them.

I sighed, knowing I should do something about it but I didn't have enough energy.

I closed my eyes, letting myself fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ash?" I heard someone say, waking me up.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Maddie crouching in front of me.

"Maddie?" I whispered, my voice barely working.

"Ash!" She leaned forward, slapping me then hugged me.

"Ow," I whispered.

"How could you lie to me like that?" She demanded, leaning back.

"I'm sorry Maddie, I didn't mean to lie to you, I didn't want to worry you," I told her, rubbing my eyes.

"How do I know you're not lying? How do I know what I can believe and what I can't?" She asked, tears filling her eyes.

"Maddie, I swear you can trust me. I know you have no reason to but please believe me,"  I begged.

"Fine, i guess I have no choice, " She sighed, " but I need to know. Was it a lie?"

"Was what a lie?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Did you love me or not? When you said you loved me was it a lie?" Her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Oh Maddie, no it wasn't I lie. I loved you Maddie. I still love you Maddie," 

Maddie smiled.

"I love you to Ash,"

Then she leaned in and kissed me.