// SIX // ADAM

I skip school to work. Who needs school anyway? I haven't shaven for a good 5 days, but I have no one to impress anyway.
The shop has a funny lay out. You come in and there's chairs on the left side, along with the creamer bar. Along the right wall you can buy a bunch of local coffee related items and there's also some more sitting areas. To your left when you walk in the whole coffee area is on there along the wall.
It's a simple wrap around idea, and I like it.
The door opens, it's been a damn slow day. A girl with medium length hair and a the 1975 hoodie walks in. Suddenly I had someone to impress.
--
She seems to know what she's doing, clearly she's been here before. She waltzes over to me. She's stunning. She has deep green eyes with a ring of sea-foam blue around it. She smiles so you can see her braces, but her teeth are already perfectly straight. "What can I get you" I Crooked out. There was a voice crack. Damn I'm not smooth. "Hey, can I just have a iced green tea? Easy on the ice and 8 pumps of sweetener" she spoke with ease and clarity. "Sure thing." I giggle. I giggle when I'm nervous. She hands me her card and our hands meet, her fingers are cold. I would love to warm those up. Her voice is simple and words float with ease.
I start making her drink and I fumble a little. I look like a fool. 8 pumps of sweetener I think to myself. That's very exact. I shake the drink and pour it up into a cup.
"Excuse me can I get a gift card as well? Sorry to bother you!" Her voice chirps. "Yeah sure, how much do you want on it?" She hands me the card that says 'home is where you are' God I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend. "Just 5" five bucks seems cheap for a boyfriend. Probably like her mom or something. "It's for my mom" she assures me, I bet she saw me thinking. "That's sweet of you" I manage to choke out. I hand her the drink and card. She bounces away not looking back, but not too much bounce. It's swift and gentle, like a model.
--
I bet girls do the same things as boys, but differently. Boys think about sex and how she looks like naked. Not me. I want to know her ins and outs.
I don't have a sister, and no girl friends so I have no idea how girls work. Do they gossip about guys to each other? do they think about any possible relationship together? I want to get her number. What if she doesn't want mine? Damn girls are hard to understand.
I'm over thinking. Like normal. I'll see if she comes here often and I'll build up to it.
That will do.