// TWO // ADAM

The guy behind the counter looked like the typical 'I work at a hipster coffee shop' kinda guy. He's what seems to be shoulder length wavy hair pulled back into a man bun and gauges. He's kept unshaved and giving off the vibe that he just woke up. I clear my throat, "Excuse me?" I manage to choke out. "Mhm? Yes? Can I get you something?" The guy chirped out. "I saw you have a help ne-" Kate cut me off and yelled across the room "ADAM WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? ARE YOU GOING TO RUIN MY LIFE AGAIN BY RUINING MY FAVORITE PLACE?YOU LITTLE TWAT! LETS GO."
When teenagers say they are embarrassed by their parents they mean when they dance or something in public. When I say I'm embarrassed by my "mother" I feel sick to my stomach, humiliated. Not everything ever needs to be about her. She left us for 16 years for Christ's sake, she got knocked up at 17, she went to rehab 3 times. She blames all her problems and self hate on me. I ruined her life. God forbid I ruin her favorite childhood place that's been transformed into a not so 90's coffee shop anymore.
--
I decided I was going to sneak out the house later tonight night so I could A.) Smoke some pot and B.) get that job. Maybe not in that order exactly but that's the plan. I pull out my laptop and Google the joint again. "Stars Cafe"; open until 11PM. Why would a coffee shop be open so late? I print the page out and toss my laptop back under my bed. I look out my bedroom door and, to no surprise, Kate is passed out on the sofa so I climb out my bedroom window lighting a joint on my way down.