Seven

Draco couldn't help but smile at the sight of Harry Potter.

He was pale, and looked like he hasn't slept all night.

Harry caught Draco staring at him. He stared back.

Draco winked, and it made Harry go red. Draco was doing this as a joke. He didn't have any feelings for a boy like that, especially Harry Potter.

Or so he thought.

~~~

"Harry you look horrible!" Hermione stared at him. "The least you could've done was fix your hair!" She shook her head and tried to fix his hair.

Harry yawned and mumbled something she couldn't understand.

"Harry speak up. I don't understand mumble." She continued to try and fix his hair.

"I didn't sleep at all. And I don't want to talk about why." He covered his face but left a gap to look at him.

Draco noticed this. Messing with Harry was quite fun to him.

"I'll go fix my hair myself, thank you though, Hermione." Harry stood up and walked out of the Great Hall.

~~~

Harry stared at himself in the mirror. His hair really was a mess.

Harry turned on the faucet and started fixing his hair. Sort of.

Harry looked back up at the mirror, he was just expecting his own reflection, but that wasn't the case.

"Potter." Draco lifted his head up, and stared at Harry through the mirror.

"Malfoy." Harry said calmly, while still fixing his hair.

"I want you to know something, Potter." Draco said, leaning against the wall. "What I did was a mere joke. Nothing more. I would love to keep this joke going to see what you would do, but I'm feeling nice."

Harry's face turned from calm and tired to angry. "To be expected from a Slytherin."

Draco grinned. "What's that supposed to mean, Potter? Did you want something to happen between us?"

They both stopped to think about that for a moment. The only sound was the water rapidly coming out of the faucet.

".. No.?" Harry hesitated.

Draco nodded. ".. Same."

They both continued to stare at each other through the mirror.

"Malfoy, why do we hate each other?" Harry meant to wonder that inside his head, but it came out of his mouth instead.

Draco shrugged. "Because you didn't want to be my friend the first year."

Harry rolled his eyes. "That's why you hate me. I hate you because you remind me of Dudley."

Draco scoffed. "Isn't that your muggle brother? I'm offended that I'm like him."

Harry laughed. "Cousin. He's my cousin. Maybe if you didn't make fun of Hagrid we wouldn't be like this."

"I didn't know who he was." Draco stood up from leaning against the wall. "Do you need help with your hair, Potter?"

Harry narrowed his eyes. "You'll just give me a horrible hairstyle. Like your hair."

Draco gasped. "My hair isn't bad! Your hair is worse!!!"

"Whatever you say, Malfoy." They both looked at Harry's hair.

"Your hair seriously looks horrible." Draco stated. And for once, Harry agreed with him. Harry nodded.

"Let me help you, Potter."

(Looked like that when they were done 😋)