Chapter 36 - Rolling the Dice of Life

"Hey Ker!" Bdubs exclaimed grinning. Keralis would be back tomorrow, he knew, but he was too excited to hold off talking about it any longer. He had finally had a chance to call in between family and traditions, and Bdubs was not going to waste any time getting to the point in the conversation, right after being polite.

"Hello swee-tface!" Keralis said back. It was a little cut-off ish inbetween, but what could Bdubs expect for the cheap wifi he paid for. At least it was better at work, where he usually was outside of school.

"How's your break been?" Bdubs asked. Again, polite.

"Fantastic, spanks for a-sking!" He could hear the smile in Keralis's voice. "Breaky for dinner, staying up late and watching movies, little things like that. It's so nice to catch up again."

"Oh that's great!"

"Plus I have some jams I will bring back." Keralis said. "I want to bring some to the party Ren texted about; I don't know if I will have the energy to even go! Ah well, we'll see."

"Yeah he mentioned it'd be chill. Hopefully he stays true to that this time." Bdubs chuckled.

"I think he will." Keralis said, "He will."

Bdubs hummed, and flipped over onto his back on his bed.

"So how's things been over there hmm?" Keralis asked, and even though Bdubs was just waiting for the chance to ramble he was now hesitating.

"Well uh-" Bdubs was grinning, but he felt really nervous for some reason. Normally he didn't feel awkward telling Keralis about the occasional crush, so why was it so different now?

"Yeaaas?"

"There's this person..."

"Ooh!" Kerais smiled. "Lemme guess lemme guess-"

"Uh." Bdubs should've expected that from Ker, but he was still taken off guard a little.

"Is it Doc again?"

"U-uh- no."

"Stressy?"

"No!" Bdubs quickly exclaimed.

"Gem?"

"No! What?!" That didn't even make sense! He'd barely talked with her, and there were no butterflies or lopsided grins forcing their way onto his face when she was around. She was great, but not his type.

"Hm-mm .... Brian?" Keralis was guessing random people now.

"No! Oh my god stop guessing!" Bdubs interrupted him. "It's Etho!"

The line was silent, and for a moment Bdubs wasn't sure if he accidentally hung up or not. It had happened before, especially with how much he was adjusting his potion while sitting on his bed so his arms didn't get tired.

"Eefo?" Keralis asked.

"Yes."

"The one that goes to our shop often?"

"Yes."

"Who's coffee I spilled?"

"Yes."

"With the white hair?"

"Yes! There's not many Etho's around here!" Bdubs said, slightly thinking back to the clone joke Etho made yesterday. He was soooo funny like that. Bdubs smiled a little more.

"Oh, I just didn't think you liked him?"

"Wel uh," Bdubs said, a little more nervous with his smile faltering. "I only realized last night that I liked him."