Chapter 9 - Weekend Wonders!

"Thanks again Mumbo. I should start paying you as an employee considering the number of times you've fixed this for us."

"It's no trouble Cleo, really. But seriously, you guys need to buy a new one of these."

"We'll never have to buy another if you keep fixing it Mumby!" Grian joked, elbowing Mumbo lightly.

"I'll consider it payback for helping with my cinematography class yesterday. But I don't know how many more fixes this can withstand before it just collapses, you might want to consider an investment in a new one."

"I'll look into that eventually." She said with a shrug.

"Ohh! When we do buy a new one, we should have a party with all of our friends to celebrate!" Scar exclaimed.

"That's a horrible idea, Scar."

"That's a perfect idea, Scar."

Cleo and Grian said at the same time.

"Well if there is a party, I think I deserve a personal invite." Mumbo chuckled, "I best be off now. I have a practice test scheduled in about an hour, and I'd like to get into something with less coffee stains."

"Mumbo, you are officially the nerdiest person I know." Cleo said.

"Well I'm a nerd who's about to ace the hardest practice test I've ever done."

"Want a free drink for fixing our beloved caffeine machine again?" Scar asked, and Cleo didn't object.

"I think I'll pass on the caffeine before I have a test- it makes me a bit jittery -but do you have any leftover cake pops?" Mumbo asked hopefully.

Scar opened the display case and fished one out, plopped it into a paper bag, and handed it to Mumbo.

"Maybe don't get a new coffee machine then, if I get a free one of these every time I fix this old one!"

"Aww but what about the party?" Scar slouched his shoulders.

"We're not having a party over a coffee machine-" Cleo said, but no one was listening.

"We can convince Ren to throw a party over anything Scar, maybe we'll have a catching up party? Start of the year party? Yay we survived a whole week party?"

"You guys will figure something out I'm sure. Pet Jellie for me Scar, bye!" Mumbo called out, turning with his free cake pop to what the others assumed would be hell, aka, the practice test room.

"Bye!"

"See ya!"

"Have fun suffering!"

"Cleo!"

The bell rang and the door closed behind Mumbo. They all saw him grin and pull the cake pop out of the bag through the windows, and quietly snickered.

---

"BUBBLES GET UP!"

"Wait, he's still asleep? I told you we should've knocked first-"

"Whaaa..." Bdubs sat up drowsily to see who the intruders were. At least part of his mind should have been considering that he was sure he locked his door yesterday, and now people were barging in, and he probably looked stupid waking up, and they could possibly be very loud murders, and probably something else worth thinking about-