Chapter 25 - Goodluck for the Party, the Bet, and the Cupcakes! (you'll need it)

Saturday

"MAN it sucks I had to move it back a week, I was really looking forward to partyin' till morning last night. Stupid college with their stupid-"

"Hey! Think about it this way luv, now you have extra time to plan an' make everything even more gorgeous!" Stress offered with an understanding smile, putting her hand on one of Ren's shoulders as he pouted. She originally came to the library to study, but ended up talking to Doc and Ren after bumping into them instead.

Ren sighed, but still had to smile barely at her optimism. "Ya know what, yeah. Stressy you're a genius."

"Do you uh, need help with anything?" Doc asked. "I mean I have some free time in my schedule and all." He really didn't, so he didn't know why he offered.

"Aw thanks man, but I want it to be a surprise. Going full out with this."

"No alcohol right?" Beef laughed a little nervously. "I can't drag Etho along if there is."

Ren shook his head and made a gesture with his arms. "Nah nah, just cool lights, streamers, good food, and good friends."

Stress's phone buzzed and she lifted it up, frowning a little. "Aww, we gotta head out now. False is expecting us."

"Oh, already?" Ren asked, sitting up a little more from his slouched pose.

"Time flies with friends I guess!" Beef chuckled.

Stress sighed with the same sweet and relaxed smile she was always wearing, "We promised False to cheer her on during tryouts. She's all nervous for nothing."

"Yeah, Falsie refuses to believe she got this in the bag." Ren said, standing up and downing the rest of his drink. "She has confidence, but she needs an extra dose of that today!"

"Well, wish her good luck from the both of us as well!" Beef added before they left.

"Yeah, not like she'll need though." Doc included.

"Of course! See you around!" Stress waved as she turned around.

"See ya!"

"Have fun!"

"Bye Beef! Bye Doc!" Ren walked backwards a step to wave enthusiastically, then skipped a step to catch up with Stress.

When they were out of earshot, Doc turned back to Beef, only to be met with a shit-eating grin.

"What?-"

"You wanna help with the party that badly huh?" Beef asked, looking awfully smug as he crossed his arms.

"He's throwing it, the least I can do is help with the streamers or something."

"Well if he wants it to be a surprise for you, you could bring some food or something," Beef offered. "Make it personal. Make something homemade."

"I can't cook. You know that." Doc deadpanned.

"I can help! And Keralis too if it's something sweet; he's the best at that stuff."

Doc seemed slightly reluctant- or embarrassed? "Do you really think Ren would like that?"

"The guy tries to steal extra portions for everything we make in class, idiot. He'd love it." Beef looked at Doc with a sincere smile. "I'll tell Keralis to come by Thursday after class to help, alright?"

"Thanks Beef."

----