Chapter 27 - Sober again, Unfortunately.

It was a normal Saturday morning at the coffee shop. The birds were flying away outside, the shop was cozy and warm, the bell was chiming, and almost everyone was very hungover-

Wait.

Oh.

Ok nevermind! Not a normal Saturday morning, but a shitty, slow, and painful one, with half dead employees and almost more dead students who just finished a probably difficult week of work, only to have homework over the weekend! Wooo! The coffee shop wasn't even open yet for students to get caffeine, but at least it gave Bdubs a second to process- well- anything.

"Keralis, do we have to be at work today." Bdubs groaned, dropping his forehead to the table, which only hurt his head more than it already throbbed, but he kept it there anyway.

"Yes Bubbles. It wasn't Cleo's fault we all went to that party, and we can't miss the Saturday morning rush."

"I want to agree with Keralis and the consequences of our actions and shit, but god my head is disagreeing." Grian said as he came out of the backroom, pressing his hand to his forehead and holding a glass of water with his other hand. "Water and Advil only does so much."

"Any of that to spare?" Bdubs asked. "I'm dying over here."

Grian didn't answer, but slid over a glass and the medicine silently instead. Keralis seemed to be doing the best out of them, clearly not 100%, but at least he remembered most of the night.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late! The ol' wheelchair was just not having it today!" Scar entered through the front as normal, swiveling around chairs with practiced ease. He looked at Bdubs, who was heavily leaning against the counter.

"If you stand like that you could almost look shorter than you are!" Scar joked, but Bdubs didn't have it in him to respond. Scar paused, taking a better look at the three of them. "I guess I'm shorter in the wheelchair though." Scar half-took back the joke.

"What's up with you three?" He asked plainly.

Grian turned to him slowly, squinting. "Were you there or not? At the party last night- Ren's place."

"Oh that! Yeah sorry I missed it. Cub had some very urgent business to talk to me about at my house and then it was too late to get over there in time. How was it?"

"I don't remember." Grian groaned.

"Oh, so it was one of those types of parties." Scar realized slowly. "Maybe I'm glad I missed it then."

"Yeah I kinda wish I did too." Bdubs said. "I don't remember anything after drinking the punch, and all I'm left with is a headache."

"Least we have some time to recover before we open." Grian mumbled, heavily leaning his weight on the counter to balance.

"15 minutes exactly." Keralis hummed, a little more cheerily than Bdubs and Grian felt.

"At least one of us can tell the time." Grian chuckled.

"Hey! I'm not hungover either!" Scar defended, raising his hands into the air.

"Oh I'm hungover too, just not as badly." Keralis corrected.

"My statement still stands." Grian said, shooting Scar a slightly smug look even if his head was spinning because of it.

Scar rolled his eyes, and wheeled over to the desk. "You guys are lucky to have me here anyways. None of you drunks have to talk to customers."