Part 16 - An apology

Soon enough we arrived at James' company, it was way larger than expected; I know he's a freaking billionaire! But this place was was massive, I mean just look at it, it a damn skyscraper!

I mean it's not like I haven't seen one before but looking at this was like the building could reach the sun!

"We have arrived Miss Sophie" Owen informed me from the driver's seat.

"Yeah thanks" I gulped. I wasn't such of a person who liked too much crowd. I may seem calm on the outside but on the inside I'm shaking and terrified, I felt like all eyes are on me, criticizing and gossiping about me; it was
looking at multiple of Claires at the same time. So creepy!.

I cringed at the thought of everyone being like Claire and shook of that thought. ' c'mon Sophie you can do this, your not the same past Sophie ' I encouraged myself. I took a deep breath 'lets do this'.

I got off the car, which was actually one of James' and walked into the building with Owen by my side. Immediately stepping in there I could feel some of their eyes on me but I didn't care about it, that didn't bother anymore.

Owen led me to the VIP elevator and tapped on some of the buttons there making us to start moving up.

"I checked Mr Mayne schedule and his has a meeting by 12:30pm, 18mins from now" he told me.

"Don't worry it won't take long" I smiled.

I didn't plan to stay long here, so I was sure it wouldn't take that much time.

I had already practiced how I was supposed to apologize and return the favour by handing over the dishes we made him.
' Ding '

The elevator door sounds and opens soon after. The minute it opens up a cold toxic air slap me right in the face. "Why is is suddenly chilly in here?" I asked feeling the harsh breeze

Owen sighed deeply "you're about to find out"

.....

"Owen what are you doing here?" Liam who was finding possible ways on insisting his boss to take a break.

"Am here for the president" he replied.

Liam gave a questioned looked and sighed "hey, do you know what's going on with him, he's exhausted but refuses to take a break".

Owen sighed "how was the last meeting?"

"Terrible of course" using his fingers to massage his forehead. "His cold attitude was worse than before, the guests were trembling and nearly ran out the conference room and we even had to crackup the heater!" he exclaimed tiredly. "Seems like a really tough time" Owen sighed "ya think!" He annoyingly responded

"I'll head in then" Liam waved his hand dismissively and Owen went on and walked in

James POV
I was going through the files and documents from the meeting i had earlier. It was a busy day, today. Liam had been trying all morning to make me take a break; but I refused.

I felt my eyes weaken and as I continued to stare at my papers, lack of sleep really took a toll on me. I often pull off an all nighter but as long I don't have work the next day; it could really mess up my head and I could get angry easily and more cold blooded to others

Last night was really stressful. I had watched over Sophie til 3am, making sure she didn't have nightmares anymore; it wasn't easy sometimes I would leave to go get more coffee and went I was to return, she was breathing heavily and was stirring, I was so worried about her, she was really vulnerable at that moment. And as I watched over her, she looked more peaceful and quiet, a side of her I don't usually get to see. Making me treasure her the more.