Part 10- a mother's love

Sophie Pov

I cuddled myself trying to be quiet as I can holding back my tears. When James brought me here; my room, everything looked so similar to my room when I was little.

It had the same features, the big bed where me and my mom would jump like crazy, the glass balcony when I would watch the sunset and sunrise and other weathers, the custom made walk in wardrobe my dad gave me and some of favorites colors purple, cream, pink and white. They were calming color for me which my mom specially picked cause she loved them too.

I looked around, it were like my memories playing all over again.
Though they had differences between my own room and this, it still reminded me of so much. My mom, dad and me, the memories we shared and well... everything.

I held my phone in my hands, the picture showing was me and mom, the one picture I had of her. My eyes started to swell again, I couldn't hold it back, we were happy, we had each other, we were just fine. Then why...why did this happen, my mom passed away due to a severe illness and my dad married another woman that wants me dead...

Why....wh...why? I cry. The only thing I have now is fractured pieces of my past, my life, which were once loving memories.

I hold my self again trying to contain my emotions, I missed my parents, their voice, their laugh, their love, I missed them so much. My mom was the most kind and caring woman you would meet no wonder my dad loved her so much.
I looked up at the ceiling being lost in my own thoughts I understood my dad was depressed and needed someone to help him but I couldn't help but blame him at times, why did he move on so fast after 2 years after mom's death. I know it might seem much but I still wasn't over mom, I still felt that she was there, being with me, in my memories, my heart and I couldn't get over it.

I looked at the glass balcony, it was still early evening my eyes were hurting and my face felt swollen. I stood up to go over there, but tripped over since I was weak; I stood up again cleaning my eyes with my arm. I got to the balcony and opened the door letting the wind come in, the sun was about to set and I slowly closed my eyes to let go of all this when I suddenly went into a trance.

Sophie at 7 years

Mom look, Sophie points at the sun that was about to set

'Well isn't that beautiful' her mom replies. "But not as much as my little princess" she carries Sophie on her waist. They were in the living room playing.

"Hey! I thought I was your little princess" her dad yells from the kitchen pretending to be offended.

"No, I'm mommy's little princess" she sticks her tongue out to her dad. "Plus your boy not a girl" she teases. Her dad quickly washed his hand and runs after her making her laugh.

"Le..let m..e me go" she tries to say her dad tickling her. "Mo..m sa..ve me" she laughs

"Mom to the rescue honey" "let go of my princess, you jealous husband" she laughs. Dad lets go of her and walks off to the kitchen to bring out dinner but not before tickling her again.

"Come Sophie" Sophie runs into her arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek "I love you mommy"

"What a sweet baby I've got" she pretends to wipe a tear off her eyes, Sophie giggled. "I can't wait...well I can wait, when my little princess becomes a big clever, beautiful, strong and loving princess" she kissed her back.

"Really?!" She smiles. "Yes of course my baby, I and your dad will waiting right here" she carries Sophie's hand and places it on Sophie's chest. "We may seem far both we both love you, God loves you honey never forget that" she nods happily.