#32

lainey
dinner was kind of boring because liz and wendy were talking the whole time and benny kept staring at me, lily was a messy eater and so were the dads.

the dads went to watch tv, the 2 girls went back to liz's room to gossip and lily was sleeping on the couch. and i didn't want to continue my story so i told mrs rodriguez i would help her clean up. benny went with the dads once he realized i would be busy for awhile.

"lainey i haven't seen you in a very long time, what happened?" benny's mom asked me, i scrubbed the enchilada plate and wondered how to tell her this. "i was seeing if the sandlot boys were my real friends and then i kinda found better people but i didn't like them anymore. really long story." i told her.

mrs rodriguez just nodded and said she was always there for me whenever i needed to talk and that made my heart sink, my mom used to tell me that too. i will always be there. well she can't be there anymore so that's not always the truth, plus there has been many other people who say that but don't mean it.

she told me i needed to stop helping and go do something else so i just walked upstairs and made eye contact with benny so he would follow, he came running up the stairs and sat in his bed right next to me.
"anyways. so right after you called me a bitch and that fight happened, thank you very much." i said and benny just kinda laughed.

"caleb and i got closer after a few more weeks and days then we got really close. then at the party, i saw maddie literally hanging on my boyfriend so i said it was done because he didn't even try to fight for us." i said, remembering every moment that happened.

benny knew the rest of the story from liz and he just told me that my summer was shitty and he wishes he could have been there to help. but he wasn't so that's why i love life, i also told him how kali and i haven't spoken in almost a month at least and he was shocked. i was too, kali knew everything about me and i knew everything about her so it was really sad to see that fade away but i guess my life didn't need her.

benny also invited me to play at the sandlot with them tomorrow, "i don't think they'll like me." i said, i don't really blame them since i abandoned them for phillips team. "sure they will. plus i'm there." benny said and for some reason it actually made me feel like comforted. i agreed i will be there for a few minutes i just never said when so they will have a surprise randomly tomorrow.

dad told wendy and i he was going to walk home and so we also left with him after saying bye to the rodriguez's and thanking them for dinner, i went upstairs and took a shower then went to bed.