#21

lainey
about a week later, everything was slowly coming back to normal. caleb was walking with a brace on his right ankle and another brace on his left wrist, he was moving slowly since the meds and tiredness earlier this week but now he can almost walk to the end of his street which is like 5 houses down.

dad hasn't been going in many work trips but he still works pretty early and late but he makes great money and he loves doing it. also, the turner family is always over or we are always over there because dad and bryce have gotten closer and always talk about work.

wendy is still working at the pool and logan is also thanks to wendy. logan kinda replaced liz rodriguez but it's not wendy's fault benny made everything awkward between our whole family.

none of us know how the rodriguez's are doing because i don't want to go over there and just act like nothing happened without an apology. but sometimes i see mrs rodriguez getting the mail and i will just smile because it's really not the same anymore, especially since i've been hanging out with alice more.

i haven't talked to kali or blake in awhile because i've been taking care of caleb more but i do know that alan and kali are dating. and blake i'm pretty sure is the same person since i have seen him which was like a month ago or more. i do miss those boys except i don't play with them anymore and last time we 'talked', caleb and benny got into that fight.

that was also the last time i have even seen benny. and i'm not complaining because i don't need anymore drama between me and caleb.

one day, caleb's family went to the beach so i was stuck home alone with dad until he had to work later. so then i was home alone until someone rang the doorbell, kali.

"hey haven't seen you in awhile." i said and kali gave me a big hug, i glared at her and she told me we were doing a girls trip. which meant shopping, my worst favorite thing. we went downtown and that brat lied, she told me girls trip, not hangout with the sandlot boys when i am already on a different baseball team. "kali i can't. team rules." i said and she just mimmiked me while dragging me to the sandlot.

the deal was i hit one homerun and i can leave, i thought this was going to take awhile since i haven't played in over a month but the second pitch was over the fence. i ran the bases and walked off the dirt, squints followed me randomly.

"squints wendy isn't home." i told him and he laughed, "no lainey. we all miss you, truly. you've changed over these 3 months and summers almost over. i miss the old lainey who would stay up at camp outs or the one that flirted with benny everyday, the one that wasn't afraid to do anything." he told me and i rolled my eyes.

"squints i may have changed but you know who changed, benny. he's an asshole that only thinks about himself and you haven't even seen him at the field since 2 months or more. don't talk about me unless you figure your main player out." i said and i walked up the driveway kinda mad honestly.

i was mad because benny never apologized to me about caleb, he's so selfish he doesn't want anyone happy if he can't be happy. just because i'm on phillips team that pisses him off, just because i'm dating caleb that pissed him off cause i can't hang with him anymore. i didn't understand why he was like this but i didn't need to waste my time thinking about him anyways, so i turned on the baseball game and waited for my family to come home.

they didn't come home yet and i heard fireworks, so i climbed out of my window and onto the roof which is the perfect spot to watch the sky even without fireworks. the humid beginning of august nights were making me miss summer, i wish summers never ended because then school starts up and rumors go around crap ton.

just then i saw some headlights pull into the driveway so i got back inside before dad would kill me since that wasn't a safe spot if i was home alone. "hey dad didn't bother to tell me you were gonna be out late?" i asked as he put leftovers on the counter, "sorry champ." he said and i nodded.

"who were you out with?" i asked looking at the to go boxes, "a friend from work." he said and i just nodded. "ok i had a long day, night champ." he said messing with my hair and going upstairs.

i laid on the couch wondering what to do since it was only 9 pm, the house phone rang and i answered it.
"hello?" i asked, "hey it's me. be over in 10?" caleb asked and i agreed and put shoes on and opened dads door to tell him i was sleeping at kalis, then grabbed my skateboard and headed to the turner residence.

there was no car in the driveway and i was confused but was about to approach the door, "psst." i looked up and caleb was sticking his head out his bedroom window, he pointed to the ladder up the roof and i quietly laughed and shook my head. caleb begged me and i rolled my eyes as i went up.

"that was great." i said flopping on his bed. "i missed you." caleb said leaning over me while smirking, i smiled. "yeah?" i asked and he gave me a kiss, this time our kiss wasn't interrupted by a nurse.